Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the free shipping on top of that makes it even better for sure. Hopefully that remains from now on. Even the Sandtrooper has had free shipping for a long time now. I'll also keep my eye on this for when it says low stock left.

I had been thinking about grabbing an ANH Chewie or Han for a while (both for parts or customizing), but they randomly took free shipping off both a while back, maybe after their TFA counterparts sold out?

I was also hoping for another chance at Maul like that $50 coupon, so again free shipping and $25 would get me close to that original deal, but now that's back on pre-order. Tough to tell when to jump on a figure these days.

Mixed up the pose a bit.
9d23a694f9daea88ed57d7c10ccdb2af.jpg

Nice! :clap

White pauldron. The "Look, sir...droids" one. First showed last year at SDCC I think.

Ahhh yes, I remember. I confused with the Special Edition when they added the dewback and the two black pauldron sandtroopers walking into camera. It's funny, if he was the sergeant and outranked the other guy, he probably wouldn't address him as sir. :lol

When do you see the scout/recon droid in the film?

With so many US members crying out for a Sideshow deal (or coupon etc.), I cannot imagine if you lived outside US, if you were still in collecting business :p

We never get free shipping offers and we have to pay customs on top of shipping.

But that's the exact same situation as buying from any store anywhere in Canada or even within Ontario. No one in Canada offers free shipping and you're going to pay HST on everything.

Yeah. I think this guy was my first ever Hot Toys figure. I still have him next to my computer and change up the pose from time to time. Super figure !

But that's the exact same situation as buying from any store anywhere in Canada or even within Ontario. No one in Canada offers free shipping and you're going to pay HST on everything.

In my limited experience of buying figures it hasn't been the same (for me, might be another situation for others). Shipping from Canada (or Japan) is cheaper than what Sideshow charged me (and it is a lot cheaper from Japan than from within Canada). Furthermore with Sideshow I always had to pay customs while obviously there is no customs fee from within Canada. Futhermore, if I remember correctly I always had to pay federal and provincial taxes when buying from Sideshow while I only pay federal taxes when ordering from another Canadian province (there is no HST in Québec so if I order from another province, I only pay federal taxes, no provincial taxes are applied).

Furthermore with Sideshow I always had to pay customs while obviously there is no customs fee from within Canada. Futhermore, if I remember correctly I always had to pay federal and provincial taxes when buying from Sideshow while I only pay federal taxes when ordering from another Canadian province (there is no HST in Québec so if I order from another province, I only pay federal taxes, no provincial taxes are applied).

The only customs charges you'll pay when ordering from Sideshow is GST, PST if your province has it, or HST. These are the same taxes you will pay when buying locally. You may also have to pay a brokerage fee because the carrier doesn't do that work for free - you're absolutely allowed to call them and tell them that you'll clear your own goods through customs and then do the paperwork and tax payment yourself. Every store in Canada is required (as part of their GST registration) to collect GST or HST from a buyer in any other province. They aren't required to collect PST from buyers who don't have HST in their provinces - BUT, the buyer is supposed to remit that themselves in their own province (though no one does).

Ordering from HK or Japan you might save on shipping and if they put fake values on customs forms you will save on taxes.

The prices locally (in Canada) might have a safety margin applied to account for currency fluctuations - so while an import from the US today might tag you with 1.29 rate, a store might have applied 1.35 to 1.5 in determining their Canadian retail price.

YMMV.

Back