Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally taken the plunge and have ordered this guy too. Should get it in a week or so hopefully - getting from a local supplier rather than through SS as it worked out quite a bit cheaper. I've been collecting the Sideshow SW line from the beginning and have all the Sideshow versions and the Medicom one too, but this will be my first Hot Toys figure. I'm curious to see what all the fuss is about. :)

Once you see a hot toys compared to the rest, you'll want to get rid of them all. There really is that much of a difference.

Got him last week and he's awsome. The amout of accessories that come with him for the price is definitely worth it especially when there are others that cost more and come with almost nothing.
After reading the recent posts I just bought the book too.

Cool, mine has shipped but I won't see it till next week. My wife thinks I should find a support group cause it's my 6th SW figure in two months; I don't think this forum would qualify though.

Once you see a hot toys compared to the rest, you'll want to get rid of them all. There really is that much of a difference.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear! :) I don't think I could part with any of my existing collection. I'm hoping I can be satisfied with just a trooper or two from each film and the odd major character. Might get the spacetrooper and maybe ANH Luke and Leia but even just those 3 along with the sandtrooper is a big outlay.

My Sandtrooper is on its way to me as we speak, next week it will finally arrive. Any advice in assembling it?

Watch out for Hot Toys glue coming apart, as usual - this extends to the rivets on the pauldron. You may notice the backing on the shoulder pouch coming unglued from the stress of the elastic.

Backpack is lighter, more fragile than the SSC one, so take a little care in that regard. Other than that, it's no more difficult than the SSC sandies.

Watch out for Hot Toys glue coming apart, as usual - this extends to the rivets on the pauldron. You may notice the backing on the shoulder pouch coming unglued from the stress of the elastic.

Backpack is lighter, more fragile than the SSC one, so take a little care in that regard. Other than that, it's no more difficult than the SSC sandies.

Thanks. :) I already had my fair share of HT glue problems so no problem there.

Thanks. :) I already had my fair share of HT glue problems so no problem there.

Yeah, my second figure had glue issues on the backpack. I strongly reccomend doing the obvious, removing head, pauldron and putting the back pack on by bending arms like you would put on a jacket, then just synch down. worked like a charm in minutes. The only issue i had was with the glued bits falling off. Don't assemble the antenna or parts on the side of the pack until it's attached and strapped down, otherwise they just fall off.

The elastic on the back on the shoulder pouch did not even last 5 seconds after I unboxed the trooper! Any idea what I could do to fix it ? Not sure I can sew it back through the back :-(

IMG_20160130_022206.jpg

Best thing to do is put two dabs of superglue on both ends to keep it together. You'll never see the glue and it should hold it from coming apart once you set it on his shoulder with little tension.

That piece snapped on mine and I picked up 2 spares to replace my original and the other sandie that I will eventually snap when I unbox that one.:lol

Some of those behind the scenes photos just got me looking into more and now I just ended up purchasing the "Making of Star Wars" book with a Barnes and Noble gift card I got for Xmas. :yess:

That's really awesome. Need to pick up one of those someday. Just picked up my DVD version of the Star Wars theatrical release, no special editions. So stoked to have the original that I can watch on my HDTV.

Yeah, my second figure had glue issues on the backpack. I strongly reccomend doing the obvious, removing head, pauldron and putting the back pack on by bending arms like you would put on a jacket, then just synch down. worked like a charm in minutes. The only issue i had was with the glued bits falling off. Don't assemble the antenna or parts on the side of the pack until it's attached and strapped down, otherwise they just fall off.

Good idea, thanks :)

I hope my two troopers arrive soon aswell, been waiting to long. :)

Only one orange pauldron for me now. I'm thinking though of the other 2 versions that HT will release for sure. Saving $ for those.

Best thing to do is put two dabs of superglue on both ends to keep it together. You'll never see the glue and it should hold it from coming apart once you set it on his shoulder with little tension.

Don't be too sure of that. I used superglue on mine, and even when resting on the shoulder, it's pulling hard and stretching the glue. The spare shoulder pouch is selling well on Ebay, which is rather telling...and very disappointing from Hot Toys. :(

Beautiful shots Para. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: I notice your sandtrooper is set up like several OT troops I've seen on the board, i.e. the belt is pulled down too low. If you'd like it more screen accurate, pull down on the codpiece/torso armour, pull up the tight armour, and hike up the belt so that it touches or just covers the bottom of the central belly rectangle.

Carry on. ;)

Beautiful shots Para. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion: I notice your sandtrooper is set up like several OT troops I've seen on the board, i.e. the belt is pulled down too low. If you'd like it more screen accurate, pull down on the codpiece/torso armour, pull up the tight armour, and hike up the belt so that it touches or just covers the bottom of the central belly rectangle.

Carry on. ;)

Totally welcome, will make the adjustments :duff

Back