Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am sorry everybody is dealing with this issue. i sold off my rocky's and rambo's along time ago .anything with rubber i could not guarantee from eroding..this last statement could be funny to the sick minded..but Hot toys now can make better bodies to do some of these figures over for us collectors. no that it's going to help with what is going on.

how long do rubber bodies like the hot toys abigail whistler last?

if you don't touch them and NEVER pose her any other way than with her arms straight and down at her sides, you're fine. pose her elbows once, and never touch her, a year, possibly 2.

touch her and pose her frequently, 6 months, possibly less.

So glad hot toys is no longer using those ridiculous full rubber bodies any more. the newer style works so much better.

bring on that articulated Hulk.

Twice a year, I wipe down all of my HT Batman pieces that have rubber components with 303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT. My Batman Begins figure from 2005, as well as all of the TDK products (including tires) look and feel brand new. I highly recommend this product as it's designed for rubber, unlike other products.

No one here should simply resign themselves to seeing their collections deteriorate in a matter of months. I have figures with rubber and vinyl parts from the 1960's that look perfect, so HT has no excuse in my opinion.

Is this 303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT better than the controversial Armor All? Did anyone could confirm this besides you? Thanks

There's no way in the world his whole bodysuit *isn't* rubber. You can just tell from looking at it. In the case of Keaton, they pretty much had no choice, the real suit appears to be rubber. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and find out that HT found a new and better substance to use, but that's not going to happen.

yeah, that's the only reason i've not picked it up. the whole dang figure is rubber lol. anyone hear if HT is using some "new & improved" material for Keaton?

Is this 303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT better than the controversial Armor All? Did anyone could confirm this besides you? Thanks

It is unquestionably better than Armor All based on what I've read on motoring/boating/aircraft forums. My understanding is that having applied it once, it should be continually renewed every few months, as BatmanProf does. Seems that those who argue against it do so because they believe that rubber figures are better off left alone altogether, rather than because they've had any experience with the product themselves.

Twice a year, I wipe down all of my HT Batman pieces that have rubber components with 303 AEROSPACE PROTECTANT. My Batman Begins figure from 2005, as well as all of the TDK products (including tires) look and feel brand new. I highly recommend this product as it's designed for rubber, unlike other products.

No one here should simply resign themselves to seeing their collections deteriorate in a matter of months. I have figures with rubber and vinyl parts from the 1960's that look perfect, so HT has no excuse in my opinion.

DX02 and Batman Begins (Bruce Wayne head) has a covering of paint over the rubber. Chemicals and paint don't mix well. Have you applied this to them?

Yeah, he can confirm it:
medmms2.jpg

HT Batman Begins figure (modded head,) OUT OF THE BOX ON OPEN DISPLAY FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS.

DX02 and Batman Begins (Bruce Wayne head) has a covering of paint over the rubber. Chemicals and paint don't mix well. Have you applied this to them?

Didn't buy that piece of garbage. I would be reluctant to apply any protectant to painted rubber, however.

did you use the wipes , pump or spray? how is the poseability ?

Spray the protectant onto a microfiber cloth and gently wipe it onto the figure. The rubber is just as pliant as it was the day I bought it.
Stuff is great.

Back