Hot Toys rubber deterioration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peeps who went ahead with Keytin Batman might want to think about it some more, what if the suit and other parts chunk away like the Connor one?

You can not ever (ever) leave rubber arms/legs in bent position. Only pose figure when taking pictures, return to neutral position. Display as neutral pose or just dont buy them

I had my marcus wright with his arms bent for about a year nobly until recently and he is fine :dunno

What about rubber costumes on the arms and legs like the begins batman?

What about rubber costumes on the arms and legs like the begins batman?

The OC Bats costume has been known to dent and crease easily. Even the between-the-legs stand will dent the inner thighs. The rubber 'memory' means that these dents and creases are not necessarily permanent and can return to normal over time - but there must be some point where the dent/crease becomes more or less permanent. I don't pose mine in bent arm/leg poses.

The OC Bats costume has been known to dent and crease easily. Even the between-the-legs stand will dent the inner thighs. The rubber 'memory' means that these dents and creases are not necessarily permanent and can return to normal over time - but there must be some point where the dent/crease becomes more or less permanent. I don't pose mine in bent arm/leg poses.

I don't use the underleg wires on my TDK Batman for this reason. I bent a wire into a loop that plugs into the stand and wraps around the tab on the back of his belt.

Not sure if this would help with HT rubber, but for airsoft I use silicone spray to lube my guns and keep all the rubber seals and gaskets healthy.

The key is to use a silicone spray that has no petrolium byproducts in it, which a lot of them do. However the correct petrollium free stuff can be found at airsoft stores and are relatively inexpensive.

Now the problem is finding someone with the balls to spray their figure!

Sarah Connor

DSC_0090.jpg

Far out. That sucks. I don't know how SC was engineered, but Leonidas' arms take on the 'rubber bike tube' look when his elbows are bent. So I never posed him with bent arms, not for the sake of preserving the rubber (which I didn't know about when I picked him up) but because he looks stupid with bendy elbows. Glad I never did now.

Far out. That sucks. I don't know how SC was engineered, but Leonidas' arms take on the 'rubber bike tube' look when his elbows are bent. So I never posed him with bent arms, not for the sake of preserving the rubber (which I didn't know about when I picked him up) but because he looks stupid with bendy elbows. Glad I never did now.

Well now you should know, proper joints:
sabod.jpg

sabod2.jpg

sabod3arr.jpg

Leonidas' arm on the "other hand" uses bendy metal.

Just checked my Sarah Connor and she's fine.

I am always afraid something might happen to Leonidas, I check on him every now and then, I'm getting all stressed haha.

Thanks for posting those pics Bandito! I am petty surprised that they didn't cushion the elbow joint at all - as much as the rubber deterioration is primarily to blame, I'd think that some padding on the joint would protect it somewhat against tearing.

Sorry for a very noob question here (I know nothing about HT bodies and have just started collecting them) but does anyone know if the Sweeney Todd and Sparrow DX have the rubber bodies? I want to pose Sweeney sitting down on his chair and Sparrow with the rudder (which would most likely mean a bent arm) and I don't want to worry about them getting tears. Bums me out I'm paying so much for a figure and may not be able to pose them a certain way.

Sorry for a very noob question here (I know nothing about HT bodies and have just started collecting them) but does anyone know if the Sweeney Todd and Sparrow DX have the rubber bodies? I want to pose Sweeney sitting down on his chair and Sparrow with the rudder (which would most likely mean a bent arm) and I don't want to worry about them getting tears. Bums me out I'm paying so much for a figure and may not be able to pose them a certain way.

Nope, those use good old hard plastic bodies.

Back