Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these guys are a must for a pair! i know some collect multiple troopers etc.. but the royal guard espcially if you are adding palps with throne, has to be a set of two

Hi Hoody

the book has been about 10 months in the making, i have included many sections included but not limited to licensing, likeness, concept, design, reseach and development, costs, production, distrobution, focus and interviews on with and by sculptors, painters, even touch on fabric design and selection, theres a subject on customizers, a few interviews I have to finish up to include some customizers, but its been busy reaching out to and touching base with a number of the companies that produce 1/6 figures. I had a fairly great and welcoming experience from just about every company with th exception of Sideshow which completely shut me down??? everyne from medicom, HOT TOYS, enterbay etc.. where all gracious and happy to give input , feedback and even some intimate details however they also had no issues telling what i could and could not ask or what they would or wouldnot share, rightfully so but my most interesting find was the start from idea or concept to completeion of the figure ready to be distrubuted. I was able to grab some great interviews with some actors who where happy to dicus what the process is like becoming a 1/6 figure of their character however as interested as some maybe not all were open to dicussing the licensing fee's etc.. but the companies gave a broad breakdown of licensing and costs and limitations, A bigpiece thats in there is why do we see some figures that have us ready to throw our dollars down without hesitation yet the figure never sees the light of day or never goes past concept or pre production design or display I.E deathstar trooper.. some are easily answered others have very specific reasons. I wanted this book to be a nice hardcover bound book that of for collectors about collecting. Itll be a part of your collection so to speak and will include almost all licenses meaning all characters from most movies or other franchises that were converted to 1/6 figures. it will retail for about $55 and lastly we are just finishing up some aspects and trying to get our last segment together which is featuring collectors I want to do a chapter on collectors and their collections, i was able to set up an interview with the youngman who literally has one of the largest 1/6 iron man collections, so i want to include some collectors who have a specific focus like star wars only, marvel only etc,, and others who collect any and all that catch their eye or have nostalgic value. So im happy and somewhat surprised at how well it all came together, but again all went well and i actually thought i would get pushback from companies like hottoys/secretbase and NOPE they were even willing to allow me a visit for som ein action or behind the scenes shots which they said they would need to review but suprisngly Sideshow wanted nothing to do with it which is odd... ive included them but i wanted to have som einside info for collectors some detailed info some detailed interviews not just what we already know now but it wouldnt be complete without including sideshow since they play such a big part. Something makes me thing that they may be making a book on theyre own as initially i received a response stating they already had books available on their site and i stated yes but they are about small fractions of the process at best or mostly photography, while they are nice books I think this is th eone segment of collecting where we do not have a book of refference for our collections and I will have a simple but dedicated website as new figures are released and will include some updates and checklists to accompany the book. im not trying to compete with blogs or forums as they do a great job bringing us plenty of info but the book will touch upon a lot fo what we always dicuss or wonder or question and have some apsects of care and cleaning depending on where you live such as climate, humid, dry, sunlight, display and so on so althou this answer wa sprob much longer than you were asking and for fear of going off topic on this threadof the royal guards i hope it atleast sparked some interest.

Is there an audiobook version?

My European supplier just confirmed that my 4 Guards will be with me by the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My European supplier just confirmed that my 4 Guards will be with me by the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That’s awesome. Please post pics when they arrive. I’m assuming the Emperor will be an addition too.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My 2nd guard (bought from Popcultcha) had noticeable white blemishes on both knees. I was going to contact them about a replacement but after taking some photos to document the issue, I (very nervously) tried ironing it. Low heat, with a handkerchief in between. Dry ironing didn't help much but some steam and a dab of water seems to have done the trick and I can't see any blemishes now. Surprisingly easy fix!

For those getting this Guard and the Maul Deluxe.......maybe a possibility to spice this guy up a bit :lol

Imperial Guard_Maul Bike.jpg

Finally bit the bullet and ordered this guy the other day, it gets delivered today and I’m hoping mine doesn’t come with the knee spot

A little late to the party but I just unpacked my first Royal Guard to find one light spot and two very week ankles. The spot I was able to remove with some light ironing (as suggested by many freaks) but the ankles keep my poses limited. I worry he will fall over to domino my other figures.

Anyone else have weak ankles?

A little late to the party but I just unpacked my first Royal Guard to find one light spot and two very week ankles. The spot I was able to remove with some light ironing (as suggested by many freaks) but the ankles keep my poses limited. I worry he will fall over to domino my other figures.

Anyone else have weak ankles?

Open the body up and add some nail polish coat on the joints to make it firm.

I really liked the boots on these guys. I almost wish other characters would get black versions of soft boots like that instead of the faux leather. They all look like they're going to crack even standing up straight unless you make sure the boots have no bends in them at all.

Back