Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ironed mine in the reverse side with a cotton shirt over it to protect it and the marks have now gone. If you tried to dye the marks they would look a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm iron helps ey good to know. yea i would be afraid to try and dye, to match that color would be difficult i think.

I may have to try the iron trick. Soap and water twice made it somewhat less noticeable... Steam it and it’s still there.
Dying it would make it more noticeable since it’s crushed fabric where light not color difference makes it visible. Appears lighter in many lit angles but up close the color is the same.

So is it safe to say that more than half of these have the stain/mark? Seems like it.

So is it safe to say that more than half of these have the stain/mark? Seems like it.

I’m gonna say whoever is lucky enough to get the ones shipped on top of the pallet get spot free. Intruly believe it’s an issue of weight and where it was in shipping. Damage and water remedy vary most likely due to how much weight or where it sat in he stacks of boxes. Not to mention it’s location via local shipping. I wouldn’t buy one of these guys months or a year from now. Who’ll know how many other figures/boxes will be sitting on top of it on time. Some how I managed to get a good and bad one.

All I mean is that if it's the majority, then it affects how returns/replacements will work (SSC CS: "they are all like that"), and also whether you in fact got a "bad one" if most of them are like that.

If 3/4s of the Royal Guards have it, then it's not even something to worry too much about in terms of resale etc - it's just a minor display annoyance that can probably be covered with a folding of fabric.

All I mean is that it seemed the HT Leia Hoth "spotgate" seemed to only affect a small number - less than a quarter just based on the postings here - so that was a quite different situation. That was indeed a small number with quite badly noticeable blemishes that CS would replace, and would affect resale if you kept it - the guards seems like its different. Way more common, probably majority, and subtle enough to just deal with it.

The bigger question - if Sideshow gets enough returns and they are dealing with angry customers they can't reissue figs for, will HT do a major issuing of replacement robes?

will HT do a major issuing of replacement robes?

Never seen them do anything like that. Never acknowledged anything, not even Spotgate I.

Sideshow watches these boards for fixes. If simple ironing indeed solves the problem, you can bet they will stop sending replacements and start recommending ironing in their responses.

I agree this is more likely much more wide spread than the Hot Leia spots. I’m also wondering if SS will request new robes from HT if the number of complaints/returns rises.
Folding the fabric wouldn’t work since it drapes pretty flat in front. Folding over would ruin the nice chest folds HT out in which is a really nice touch. I’m waiting to hear back from AE. The said they’d inspect mine (upon request) but they still sent me one.
I still need to try the iron fix. Hope that works.

So just got my DHL delivery notice along with an import charge to pay of £46.00 This means the total cost for this figure is £236.00 from Sideshow compared to £175 shipped with no import charge from KG hobby.

I think that this is completely unacceptable that’s these very expensive figures are turning up damaged through know fault of our own and the company is doing nothing to address this. If you ordered a new car and the paint work had a patch that didn’t match the rest of the car when you went to pick it up you won’t except it. If you bought a new jacket and there was big stain on the front you would return it. Just because most of the figures have the mark on them doesn’t mean that it’s acceptable at all. They are defective and they need returning. The company has an issue with its shipping process on this figure which is damaging them and that’s is their issue not ours. They need to address this. If you have bought these on your credit card they belong to the credit card company make a complaint to them and they will help to fight for the return. I have had enough of this now and bought to many figure in the past which have fallen apart or are defective and HT just looks the other way and thinks that they don’t have any responsibility for their products.

IMG_3877.jpg

Got my pair from Timewalker. I requested them be inspected, and they were, but I’m pretty sure Timewalker didn’t know what they were exactly looking for because both of them have multiple spots.
Starting to hate Hot Toys for allowing such expensive (and simple) figures to get damaged like this. Like come on.

These are going back and I might not have royal guards in my collection after all.. Might just cancel Palpatine too.

Got my pair from Timewalker. I requested them be inspected, and they were, but I’m pretty sure Timewalker didn’t know what they were exactly looking for because both of them have multiple spots.
Starting to hate Hot Toys for allowing such expensive (and simple) figures to get damaged like this. Like come on.

These are going back and I might not have royal guards in my collection after all.. Might just cancel Palpatine too.

Now that really sucks. I sent 2 photos to my supplier with circles showing the area to look. If mine arrives with a dot then I'll also be very annoyed.

In fact I might send another email now, as I don't want to go through all that because they forgot to look.

Now that really sucks. I sent 2 photos to my supplier with circles showing the area to look. If mine arrives with a dot then I'll also be very annoyed.

In fact I might send another email now, as I don't want to go through all that because they forgot to look.

Yeah hopefully yours are fine. I’m not entirely sure what to do. I emailed them, but it appears they make you pay for return shipping. Even with QC issues. So there’s absolutely no way we can fix these?

Yeah hopefully yours are fine. I’m not entirely sure what to do. I emailed them, but it appears they make you pay for return shipping. Even with QC issues. So there’s absolutely no way we can fix these?

Yep that's exactly the problem, paying for the return postage even though it's not your fault. I guess that's why they do it to scare some people from doing it.

Seems there is the water treatment and ironing treatment as solutions to try. Outlined a few pages back I believe.

I think I'd be trying those very carefully first. Seems to be material crush.

Back