Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its strange, although these guys did absolutely zero on screen I still find myself wanting to pick one up and I certainly would take one of these before one of the lobster pod people plastic thingy, and I think it's way more than nostalgia, I really think it's all in the design from these to Stormtroopers/Vader etc etc the OT really got it 'right' when it comes down to 'the look'.

Its strange, although these guys did absolutely zero on screen I still find myself wanting to pick one up and I certainly would take one of these before one of the lobster pod people plastic thingy, and I think it's way more than nostalgia, I really think it's all in the design from these to Stormtroopers/Vader etc etc the OT really got it 'right' when it comes down to 'the look'.

Don't forget, they could stand against Vader himself. At least something.

open-uri20150608-27674-1p7mnuy_f250858a.jpeg

Yep. And most all retailers fell in line and held the same pricing as Sideshow. That was the point. I haven't seen BBTS or AlterEgo discount at all for a very long time and very few discount like they used to. But here is little Timewalker cutting pretty good, not great but good compared with ... no one else.

I wish the others would follow suit.

I moved my Royal Guards order over to Timewalker. Even slight jabbing at Sideshow's standard pricing mandate structure should be encouraged and rewarded.

Sideshow has what amounts to a monopoly on Hot Toys, but I don't think the plight of adult nerds collecting high end toys is high enough priority to trigger a Teddy Roosevelt-esque intervention. Apparently what we have is Timewalker:lol

If you are getting TWO Guards then its silly to order anywhere else than Timewalker (unless you're using Reward Points like I did for the Emperor).

I'm just getting one Guard but placed my order at BBTS as I have some other stuff there that could all ship together for $4.

When ordering Palpatine, I got a $25 off Code off a Star Wars Product... is it destiny to get a Guard then?

I'd say go for the guard if the coupon lets you, sometimes the coupons only work on "in-stock" items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If you are getting TWO Guards then its silly to order anywhere else than Timewalker (unless you're using Reward Points like I did for the Emperor).

I'm just getting one Guard but placed my order at BBTS as I have some other stuff there that could all ship together for $4.

Deal Sold Out at Timewalker for the 2 pack. Yikes.

They should have made a guard 2 pack with a light up Death Star elevator entrance diorama. That would have solved the issue of single vs double purchase.

Can’t wait for them. Glad Timewalker came through with a deal for two since HT themselves didn’t feel the need to.

They might not do a whole lot in the movie but since I plan on displaying Palpatine in his throne, gotta have two guards next to him. Will make for a sick top shelf in my ROTJ detolf.

Love me some Timewalker Toys. Recently changed over from ordering all my HT from Alter Ego to TW. Also got my pre-order in for the double pack and Deluxe Palpy. Very awesome and smart of Timewalker anticipating people wanting two guards and offering a nice discount plus free shipping to boot! :clap:yess:

I wish hot toys could get it together and just open up an online store so we could cut out the middle man and just but from them. Wonder what the deal is with that.

What deal can you get for two? I was hoping Sideshow would combine shipping or discount it at the very least but they said they would ship them separately and charge each, and AEC while ships free only allows one pre-order

The two deal is done, Steve explained why in the emperor thread.

What deal can you get for two? I was hoping Sideshow would combine shipping or discount it at the very least but they said they would ship them separately and charge each, and AEC while ships free only allows one pre-order

From the Hot Toys Emperor thread:

This is Steven Allen. I am one of the owners of Timewalker Toys & Collectibles. I don't spend a lot of time on the forums. As a business owner I simply don't have the time. However, I have asked various customers and employees to keep an eye on things for me so that I can stay informed of the latest in 1/6th (retailers don't always get all the information they need from their distributors) and be informed when the occasional forum participant speculates on a subject for which he or she has no facts.

As a retailer, we have been a wholesale customer of Sideshow Collectibles for over 15 years. We have the highest regard and respect for Sideshow. Sideshow is highly reliable cornerstone in this industry for both retailers and end consumers alike. Like any solid, reliable, and successful business, Sideshow has a set of rules that retailers must follow. Timewalker Toys & Collectibles has never, not once, violated the terms of our contract with Sideshow. We have always operated well within the parameters of our agreement with Sideshow as we have with all of the vendors with whom we have a working relationship.

For those who prefer facts over speculation, here are the facts regarding our recent listing of the Royal Guard and Emperor Palpatine. First the Royal Guard ~ we thought it strange that Hot Toys did not release this item as a twin pack (or at least provide this option), since most Star Wars fans who reflect on the films think of the Royal Guard as coming in sets of two. We thought it might be a natural inclination for Hot Toys buyers to want to pick up two, so we created our own grouping of two Royal Guards. All of you know this a very expensive hobby. So we though it would be nice to offer a mild discount on a set of two, if someone was willing to shell out the money to have two, instead of settling for one. Our discounted preorder price was well within Sideshow's MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policy. If you come to our website now, you will find that our special Grouping of Two Royal Guards is no longer available. Why? It is because Sideshow "got to" us? No. It is because our intuition about the end consumer's desire to buy this item in a set of Two was too successful. What many of you do not know is that retailers are capped on the number of pieces that can be purchased for inventory on Hot Toys products. Overnight, our Grouping of Two Royal Guards has pushed us right up the edge of what we will be allowed to purchase for inventory, hence the reason for turning the product record for the Grouping of Two off, and removing our standard preorder discount for the single purchase Royal Guard product record.

So what about the Emperor? Why did we adjust our preorder pricing on these two offerings? Because, like the Royal Guard, sales on the Emperor, for us at least, was over-heating. Many of you who picked up your Royal Guard(s) from us in the last 24 hours also picked up Emperor Palpatine in one form or the other, which means it is very likely that our preorder allocation will sell out long before the preorder period ends. From a retailer's perspective this is, contrary to what you might think, unsettling, since this item doesn't come out until the 1st Quarter of 2019. It means we are unlikely to have stock for the store. We thought it was clear the Emperor didn't need the extra help, so we made a mild adjustment to our preorder price. Once again, it was a pragmatic move by Timewalker, and it was not because Sideshow "got to" us.

So, congratulations to those who got their preorders in early. We appreciate your support!

Back