Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we know what really was under the robe.
61196cdfa006345d14e6a4f24935d13f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Didn't realise they were so top heavy and them boots no wonder they didn't move.

Definitely down for one but can I justify two. . . . .

No, they don't take forever. Sideshow always fills their direct customers first, then the retailers. Timewalker gets Hot Toys the same time as other retailers.
Free Shipping on those is pretty much $40 saved compared to Sideshow's shipping rates. I just put my order in. :yess:

No, they don't take forever. Sideshow always fills their direct customers first, then the retailers. Timewalker gets Hot Toys the same time as other retailers.

That's true except that split shipments happen a lot. And if you can't fulfill ALL your retailers, then guess who gets to wait another 6-8 weeks for the next boat? That's right -- the guy undercutting your pricing.

That would be my only concern. That's how Sideshow squeezes you to comply. They did it to AlterEgo.

These guys do look extremely cool... but for me it would only work if I could get two, and spending $400 just to have a couple figures standing at attention forever next to the Emperor seems like a bit much. And putting them in any kind of action pose would just look too weird and out of character to me.

That's true except that split shipments happen a lot. And if you can't fulfill ALL your retailers, then guess who gets to wait another 6-8 weeks for the next boat? That's right -- the guy undercutting your pricing.

That would be my only concern. That's how Sideshow squeezes you to comply. They did it to AlterEgo.

They aren't undercutting Sideshow. Sideshow cut back on the discount that retailers could give a few years ago, but they still allow retailers to offer a discount.
Sideshow still controls retailers by putting a cap on how many they can order. That's why BBTS "sells out" so quickly when Sideshow still has open pre-orders.

Sideshow cut back on the discount that retailers could give a few years ago, but they still allow retailers to offer a discount.

Yep. And most all retailers fell in line and held the same pricing as Sideshow. That was the point. I haven't seen BBTS or AlterEgo discount at all for a very long time and very few discount like they used to. But here is little Timewalker cutting pretty good, not great but good compared with ... no one else.

I wish the others would follow suit.

Yep. And most all retailers fell in line and held the same pricing as Sideshow. That was the point. I haven't seen BBTS or AlterEgo discount at all for a very long time and very few discount like they used to. But here is little Timewalker cutting pretty good, not great but good compared with ... no one else.

I wish the others would follow suit.

It is a little strange that others don't, but I'm sticking with Timewalker for the prices and service. Can't beat it! :clap

These guys do look extremely cool... but for me it would only work if I could get two, and spending $400 just to have a couple figures standing at attention forever next to the Emperor seems like a bit much. And putting them in any kind of action pose would just look too weird and out of character to me.

They did an action pose in Ep 3 for like 1 sec...

Free Shipping on those is pretty much $40 saved compared to Sideshow's shipping rates. I just put my order in. :yess:

Cool... Yeah the free ship and the great discout for the guards and the delux emperor was a huge savings.

Steve seems like a very nice guy. I need to start ordering from them. Last few years I get most figures off ebay with big discounts. But lately a lot of OT stuff has come that I've been preordering.

Steve seems like a very nice guy. I need to start ordering from them. Last few years I get most figures off ebay with big discounts. But lately a lot of OT stuff has come that I've been preordering.

He is, you should give them a try. Steve will always inform you of the details of the business side of it if you have any questions.
Pre-ordering has become more important recently with some places selling out on pre-orders again with certain figures.
So many good things getting announced. Today was a good day for Star Wars fans. :hi5:

Re: Hot Toys: Royal Guard

They live !!!! ....and looking pretty damn good !!!

9f7b0efe835998aeff9400935ec82ff8.jpg

b1c0cceafb45bc730ac40609338033b1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did Hot Toys change the coloring and texture on the head? These pictures gave the head more dept.

Re: Hot Toys: Royal Guard

I doubt it. These pics are from Tokyo Con where all lighting was from below. ie shining opposite to lighting in pretty much all other shots. So they will look darker on top and shadows going int totally opposite directions.

We know how much different figures can look when lighting direction is changed even a little bit.

When ordering Palpatine, I got a $25 off Code off a Star Wars Product... is it destiny to get a Guard then?

Back