Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any figure was going to be under $200, this would have been it. No human head, simple design, big cloak and stick.

End of an era. The era of $160 to $190 figures - RIP. And the $130 to 160 era wasn't buried so long ago.:(

While the newest figs are for the most part a noticeable improvement over the $100-130 era (and a huge improvement over the $60-100 era) I could have seen Sideshow doing a decent job on this simple figure for $130.

In context, definitely. HT has held the line with not-much-above-$200 with figs like Leia and even Snowie. SSC not so much.

Funny thing is, today, Sideshow would charge $250 for the same figure.

Did you really think the Guard would be well under the $200 mark?

HT missed an opportunity though -- two Guards for $325 would have sold well.

It's even less complex than Yoda which has two heads, a unique body and base, and more complex paint apps that just came out last year for $200, so I had hoped HT would not try to gouge collectors. But yeah, of course they did, it's Hot Toys! :lol

I predicted $209, so that's good. Really people, HT figures will never drops under $200 anymore, count with it.

$205 was going to be as cheap as these were going to be unless a two pack was made. I don't like it either, but I need two so that's what I'm getting.

$205 was going to be as cheap as these were going to be unless a two pack was made. I don't like it either, but I need two so that's what I'm getting.

Approaching $450 for two background/backdrop figs with shipping (or "shippings.") Ugh. Collecting these days.:lol

Dude you have a year. Pick up an extra shift or something and you're good.

Or I can just buy the head/helmet, outer robe, and force pike parted out and combine it with a cheap Hasbro under suit, boots, and a generic body to save money. How much that will be is TBD.

Or I can just buy the head/helmet, outer robe, and force pike parted out and combine it with a cheap Hasbro under suit, boots, and a generic body to save money. How much that will be is TBD.

Or that, now your talking. Whatever works!

Ordered my 2, like the great philosopher Ice Cube once said. Today was a good day.

Approaching $450 for two background/backdrop figs with shipping (or "shippings.") Ugh. Collecting these days.:lol

Sometimes while in my movie/collection room I used to count my 1/6 figs and then multiply the number times $220. It wasn't accurate but gave me an idea how insane I have become. I no longer do that....too depressing:lol

Back