Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He just looks very small scale-wise next to all of my other figures. Head too. Great figure but hard to display with others for me.

He was short in the movie, lol. Park is not a big dude.
Look at me! Judge me by my size, do you?

ewan-mcgregor-ray-park-liam-neeson-directed-by-george-lucas-B7YJMC.jpg

Flashbacks are weak.

It was a little jarring, but we are in a different era now. And the flashbacks work in the context to be a force vision. Although the OT never showed them onscreen, several force users had the same thing going on. We just saw it via them closing their eyes and internalising it.
I prefer the way Luke asks "Will they die?" and Yoda closes his eyes for a few seconds, glimpsing the future of Luke discarding his training to run off to save Han and Leia. Yoda KNOWS Han and Leia are being hurt to draw Luke out. He KNOWS Luke will still run off, but instead, he says: "Difficult to see. Always in motion, is the future", in the hope he can convince Luke to stay and keep training.
We didn't *see* a few fractured glimpses of Yoda's vision, but we didn't need to.
I think that's what's missing from newer movies. The film makers don't trust their audience enough to realise we can fill in a few blanks ourselves.

I would probably squeal like a schoolgirl on helium and then faint if HT announced Darth Maul.

Re: Hot Toys: Royal Guard

Looks great for what it is, but I don't know if I can part with Hot Toys prices for this one given how relatively simple it is overall. Plus, I'd probably want two of them if I did, so this one lives pretty far down the list for me. Possibly so far down I never get to him/them.

Still, good news for all those Imperial collectors all the same.

Back