1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping that the pattern on the helmet's chin would be painted black. Strange that Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Hasbro and now Hot Toys missed something so obvious.

I've been on a mission to cut back my Star Wars 1/6 collection to just OT but this figure looks fantastic. I'm very tempted... :panic:

I tried to stick to just OT at the commencement of the HT Star Wars run...but then when Anakin was revealed,the dam broke,and so did my wallet.lol.
"It is useless to resist!" 😁

I was hoping that the pattern on the helmet's chin would be painted black. Strange that Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Hasbro and now Hot Toys missed something so obvious.

They probably used TCW as a reference rather than ROTS.

Figure looks excellent! So good I am tempted to get two as has been mentioned but I think for a change I'll exercise a little restraint and just stick with the one.

:lol Your mission has failed.

I laugh because I was doing the same thing... and have also failed. Damn, Star Wars!

I tried to stick to just OT at the commencement of the HT Star Wars run...but then when Anakin was revealed,the dam broke,and so did my wallet.lol.
"It is useless to resist!" ��

:duff and :gah: I can hear the Emperor's laugh, too... "It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your friends Wor-Gar and ObiGlenKenobi, are now *mine*.

They probably used TCW as a reference rather than ROTS.

Quite possible!

I dig it nonetheless, and in comparison to the Sideshow effort, it is an excellent step up!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.56.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.56.00 PM.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 171

In the up close comparisons of course the new HT does look much better in detail and paint apps, but from a distance at the end of the video with the 2 standing side by side the SS Cody still looks pretty good for a 10 year old figure.

I wish he put (or tried to if possible) the SS Phase I head on the HT Cody. If (or should I say when) I decide to grab this I was thinking of keeping my SS Phase I helmet and selling Cody without it. Hope some else does a comparison to see if it would work.

Great review.

But I don't see the annoying aspect to the extra space on the elbow with the holo-arm since its meant to be bent. Seems like a good thing to me.

Man, didn't want to have to think about replacing the Sideshow Cody, but this comparison leaves a pretty compelling reason....

I wonder if it's time to offload all the other clones too... I saw prices recently were pretty high, but surely they must be crashing down now.

It's on both the holo one and the normal one. It also means you can't move the armour down to cover the hand peg

Thats the one thing thats bothering me, you can't cover up that wrist joint and its really exposed. Too bad you can't just give him a watch or something. Do they even wear those, is there such a thing?

Back