1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't that be great? Sadly, I think most places assess sales tax at time of shipment.

Yup. When SS started charging Australian GST all my PO's that hadn't shipped, including some which were all paid off except shipping due to flex payments, were all retrospectively charged tax on the full amount. Other places only charged tax on the remaining amounts due and some charged no tax as the orders were made before the start date. I'd be certain SS will implement this the same way.

Should be the time of purchase. Retroactively charging seems a violation of ex post facto.

I guess it depends on when you are fully charged. I would agree that tax should be assessed at time of purchase if you paid in full. But if you only pay an NRD, or nothing at all, then it hasn't actually become a taxable event from their point of view until you are charged the balance. At least according to some of the documented policies I've seen (BBTS in particular).

Edit: Also, some states charge sales tax on shipping costs as well, so I think some retailers wait until shipment because of that.

AE does have free shipping. I ordered from them today.

Sent from my fully armed and operational battle station using Tapatalk

I was going to get this but I think I’d rather put the 240 bucks towards the commander Wolfe and captain Rex by sideshow. This is a tremendously beautiful figure, very impressive! I like the other characters much better by far. You get so much with commander Wolfe; two head sculpts and two helmets; a lot of accessories.

Hot toys quality commander Cody is super tempting tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not like Cody had a choice, the clones were programmed to follow that Order and it that wiped their memories and battles they had with their generals. Putting them in a trance like state.

Yeah, originally, circa the release of Revenge of the Sith, the clones executed Order 66 because that’s what they were trained to do; there certainly is no regret or hesitation when Cody orders Kenobi shot down. It was every bit a betrayal.

But then the Clone Wars show happened, and some clones became fully fleshed out, three dimensional characters. Actual human beings who wouldn’t just mindlessly execute an order to betray and murder those with whom they have fought and bled, so the idea of control or inhibitor chips was introduced. Now, they were innocent, they couldn’t help but comply.

Too much text in this thread !

That headsculpt is amazing. Must resist !

3062f2fd78642de4be431976a656e77b.jpg

314f4c2f5c4c6d8bb48d3d59df5a8492.jpg

52171d60d161623e02768dea09cbd7de.jpg

c1763f3d401f6389a61912b31cd85e07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, originally, circa the release of Revenge of the Sith, the clones executed Order 66 because that’s what they were trained to do; there certainly is no regret or hesitation when Cody orders Kenobi shot down. It was every bit a betrayal.

But then the Clone Wars show happened, and some clones became fully fleshed out, three dimensional characters. Actual human beings who wouldn’t just mindlessly execute an order to betray and murder those with whom they have fought and bled, so the idea of control or inhibitor chips was introduced. Now, they were innocent, they couldn’t help but comply.

I like the first way better: just bad ass soldiers without conscious or mercy. It is more interesting to see that maybe some 'evolve' to have more emotions than others.

The whole 'chip' thing is silly; defeats the purpose of exploring "human" nature. Some people are just bad; some just like to watch the world burn.

I like the first way better: just bad ass soldiers without conscious or mercy. It is more interesting to see that maybe some 'evolve' to have more emotions than others.

The whole 'chip' thing is silly; defeats the purpose of exploring "human" nature. Some people are just bad; some just like to watch the world burn.

The second version does that, allowing them the whole spectrum of development while still maintaining the storytelling necessity of the vast majority of them executing Order 66.

With the first version, they are just simple minded automatons.

The second version does that, allowing them the whole spectrum of development while still maintaining the storytelling necessity of the vast majority of them executing Order 66.

With the first version, they are just simple minded automatons.

How does the 2nd version do that? Because they remove their chip? Cancel their "override"? So basically the bad ones are 'robots' and the good ones are 'woke', like Neo?

I like the trained-from-birth to be deadly and obedient. Like you said earlier, more dramatic when Cody can simply change on a dime and follow orders to hunt Obi-Wan down. No judgment. No sympathy. It's just orders. That's cold. I like my clones cold. Sure, some can have "a heart" and maybe make a choice against their "duty". That's good drama.

But once you put a "chip" in there, then they are simply slave zombies... which makes you think they'd all be good without that damn inhibitor. That's a cheat to me, because people -- and I'm sure clones -- come in all sorts of 'bad' and 'good' versions.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm glad that the movie itself portrayed Cody as wishing Obi-Wan well in one moment and then seconds later able to give the order to take him out without hesitation. That's downright scary and much cooler than the microchip automaton angle IMO.

How does the 2nd version do that? Because they remove their chip? Cancel their "override"? So basically the bad ones are 'robots' and the good ones are 'woke', like Neo?

I like the trained-from-birth to be deadly and obedient. Like you said earlier, more dramatic when Cody can simply change on a dime and follow orders to hunt Obi-Wan down. No judgment. No sympathy. It's just orders. That's cold. I like my clones cold. Sure, some can have "a heart" and maybe make a choice against their "duty". That's good drama.

But once you put a "chip" in there, then they are simply slave zombies... which makes you think they'd all be good without that damn inhibitor. That's a cheat to me, because people -- and I'm sure clones -- come in all sorts of 'bad' and 'good' versions.

But the original version (and it was the original, as Lama Su described them, but if we cared that much about contradictions no one would make it past the first 5 minutes of Empire) precludes all that. They are not just trained from birth, the are programmed and modified to be compliant. They literally can’t be good or bad nor kind or cold-hearted the same way a gun can’t be any of that. They are only tools. You pull the trigger, and they act. There is no morality to their actions. A gun can’t be loyal or treasonous. They can’t be allowed to be good because even a small fraction of them being good would jeopardize the extermination of the Jedi.

With the implant, they are allowed to be all that. Some can be cold-blooded, others can be compassionate and fiercely loyal to their Jedi generals.

But the original version (and it was the original, as Lama Su described them, but if we cared that much about contradictions no one would make it past the first 5 minutes of Empire) precludes all that. They are not just trained from birth, the are programmed and modified to be compliant. They literally can’t be good or bad nor kind or cold-hearted the same way a gun can’t be any of that. They are only tools. You pull the trigger, and they act. There is no morality to their actions. A gun can’t be loyal or treasonous. They can’t be allowed to be good because even a small fraction of them being good would jeopardize the extermination of the Jedi.

With the implant, they are allowed to be all that. Some can be cold-blooded, others can be compassionate and fiercely loyal to their Jedi generals.

Then that seems backwards. How does the inhibitor implant allow you more options?

In 2002, I understood clones to be better than robots because they could do humany things. They have some range of thinking within their parameters. Being clones, you'd think they would all be exactly the same in looks and mannerisms and even actions, but then how could any one clone command a battalion? How could a clone decide to shoot one target while another shoots someone else? There is certainly an inherent difference, variations, some level of individuality to allow each clone to be singular. I never viewed their actions as villainous from their perspective of course -- no villain is villainous from their own perspective. Think Thanos. But from the viewers perspective, or the character you are sympathizing with, those cold actions can be interpreted as villainous. That's all I'm saying with Cody. He's a villain -- not because he thinks he is, but because of his actions. Hell, Vader doesn't think he's a villain -- but he is.

Last edited:
Back