1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats every online stores responsibility now thanks to your government

Yes apparently, but few are following right now. Lots of things unclear with certain state laws and other county/city ordinances/taxes etc.

I think the legitimacy of it all based on a single case in a single state decided by one vote in a simple majority decision should be questioned. It's a mess but what isn't in government over the last couple decades.

Welcome to the new fair world.

Where the government can FAIRLY tax the same item over and over each time it changes hands.

The same government can also tax your income, tax your property, and tax the leftover money you actually get to keep when you try to spend it on something.

Yes apparently, but few are following right now. Lots of things unclear with certain state laws and other county/city ordinances/taxes etc.

I think the legitimacy of it all based on a single case in a single state decided by one vote in a simple majority decision should be questioned. It's a mess but what isn't in government over the last couple decades.

I think it was based on a supreme court decision, and the US has over 10, 000 tax districts so it has to be phased in, but it aint going away :lol

shiaaat. I didnt want to fall into this clone trooper pit but he looks amazing! Commander Neyo next please!

Where the government can FAIRLY tax the same item over and over each time it changes hands.

The same government can also tax your income, tax your property, and tax the leftover money you actually get to keep when you try to spend it on something.

Everything that's started out for free, never ends that way. We've had a golden era for nearly 20 years without paying tax. It's been historic. There's a whole generation of kids that don't know a world where "tax" is a thing.

But as they say: the party's over.

Thank Mitch McConnell and his gang for pushing this through so quickly all of a sudden so they can show huge increased earnings under their tenure and to hide the fact they're spending trillions.

Everything that's started out for free, never ends that way. We've had a golden era for nearly 20 years without paying tax. It's been historic. There's a whole generation of kids that don't know a world where "tax" is a thing.

Hopefully the party lasts until 2020, I am buying a lot of stuff this year :lol

I think Bacarra would look really good too, especially with the snow troopers

I would LOVE a Bacarra. And Gree...and Bly..Damn this is going to get expensive if Hot Toys does these! As a kid, my first "custom" was a Neyo so idk, I have a certain love for this commander and want to see him done justice at a hot toys level. I would be interested in all the Commanders tho btw - love the designs of them all!

Thats every online stores responsibility now thanks to your government

Not sure I understand this statement. Does BBTS charge tax? on my last order with them there was no tax. Or are you saying online stores bake tax into their prices even if an order doesn't show it?

Depends on where you live. Most states will implement some form of online sales tax rule this year. California's goes into effect on April 1.

I think it's already in effect in my state now but there are still plenty of places that still don't charge me tax. Sideshow is one of them but with them being Cali based I wonder if that is the date they will start charging everyone?

Things are further complicated by county and city taxes, it seems ridiculous that a small business is supposed to somehow keep track of all this.

Thank Mitch McConnell and his gang for pushing this through so quickly all of a sudden so they can show huge increased earnings under their tenure and to hide the fact they're spending trillions.

And giving trillions to the corporations who aren't paying any taxes.

Not sure I understand this statement. Does BBTS charge tax? on my last order with them there was no tax. Or are you saying online stores bake tax into their prices even if an order doesn't show it?

If you live in the US, yes they will eventually be charging you your local sales taxes, of your state, county etc...

I think it's already in effect in my state now but there are still plenty of places that still don't charge me tax. Sideshow is one of them but with them being Cali based I wonder if that is the date they will start charging everyone?

Things are further complicated by county and city taxes, it seems ridiculous that a small business is supposed to somehow keep track of all this.

Each state sets its own rules. California will require that online retailers charge sales tax if they have more than $100,000 in annual sales from California purchasers, or more than 200 transactions from California purchasers. Most states will implement a similar rule so they can get a cut of online purchases. For states like Cali this is big money. Some states already have rules in place. For example, BBTS already charges sales tax for a bunch of states.

Back