Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed last week when I ordered Maul with reward points, I still got points for the purchase, last time I ordered from Sideshow, back in 2011, you didn’t earn rewards when you used them.

Ha, I have $20 points at SS. Cleaned mine out with Starlord. Although didn't really matter which figure to me, at the end of the day you pay or use the points one way or another. It's a little hard to leave the $20 points on the table so to say, but considering the shipping and better deals elsewhere it's actually not an issue.

I noticed last week when I ordered Maul with reward points, I still got points for the purchase, last time I ordered from Sideshow, back in 2011, you didn’t earn rewards when you used them.

You will earn RPs on whatever dollar amount you have left over on your purchase. If you purchase complete and outright, then no RPs.

For example, I use total RPs for the Emperor, so no RPs earned. But if I used only $100 in RPs then I would earn RPs on the remaining cash value of $214 that I would owe SS.

I paid for the Emperor completely in rewards -- no NRD for me -- and I still have points left over. Still no escape from Sideshow. :lol
Wor in the SSC store....

tumblr_mvzcq51aZg1sjmstyo1_500.gif

How do you guys earn so many rewards points?! I have 12 dollars from Harley Quinn and will have 25 dollars for an almost 400 pounds 1/4 Joker pending, that wouldn't even be much to dent the shipping it costs, how people can pay off a whole figure with rewards is insane!

How do you guys earn so many rewards points?! I have 12 dollars from Harley Quinn and will have 25 dollars for an almost 400 pounds 1/4 Joker pending, that wouldn't even be much to dent the shipping it costs, how people can pay off a whole figure with rewards is insane!

I’ve paid off two life size busts with reward points recently :lol

Simple, buy more figures. If I keep saving until all my current PO's are delivered, I'll have about $235. It's taken me a while though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have over $400 and you don't want to know how much we have spent to get them :lol

I always end up with about 150-200 every year thanks to ordering a few figures and Spook.

Man Id have a serious egg had they not burned a hole in my pocket right after each Spook.
2017 earnings went to ESB Vader.

Yeah, with spook if you bust your ass you can get $50-$60 for free. Just have to slack off at your job for a week. :lol

I’ve ordered 90% of my figures from Sideshow since I started collecting and it’s netted me 2 free figures at least plus ~$100 off a couple other figures. In the beginning the trick was to always use a $20 coupon and wait until I built up points for a free figure but those days of the $20 code seem to be dwindling.

Anyone have experience with xl-shop? Reliable & reputable or otherwise?
I can't find how much shipping to the US will run me.

I just found this under the help part.

"After receiving your order, we will calculate the shipping cost for your order, we will email you the total shipping cost in less than 48 hours".

$20 handling charge, too.

$260 retail price, $50 shipping cost :naughty

I just found this under the help part.

"After receiving your order, we will calculate the shipping cost for your order, we will email you the total shipping cost in less than 48 hours".

I don't doubt it.

I'll let you know in 48 hours.

Yeah I searched the XL site to find shipping rates from Malaysia and couldn't. They want all your info first. But I do see that general shipping rates from Malaysia are about $40.

So there's still a savings but not much. I didn't bother to check their return/replacement policy. Likely they don't pay shipping.

Yes, I bought my Wonder Woman BvS from them.
They shipped with Quantium Solution with tracking for US$31.10 to Germany. So it was acutally very fair. And it was quite fast.
And they marked my package US$10 (unfortuately I was unlucky and the authority still opened it and asked for the original invoice. So I had to pay full customs fees...)

After placing an order, you will receive an confirmation email with the shipping costs. You will then have the choice to agree or to cancel the order. So there is no risk.

HOWEVER:
1. My Wonder Woman came without the original Hot Toys brown box
2. For pre-orders you still have to pay fully in advance
3. I contacted them for a replacement part, but they never answered me

Back