Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There'll likely be one (probably two) prequel Palpatine figures. There'll be more Vaders. But I think there will probably only be this one OT Palps. So, however long it takes to get it right, that's what I prefer. Would love to have it sooner, but would rather have it done great and without needless qc issues.

Yes. I concur. First thing I texted a friend when I got the notice -- hope they're improving the face (faces).

Still wishing beyond hope they throw in a 2nd head.

Ok with me, its still early.

Plus it puts some distance between Jedi Luke and Palps....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Maybe that's why there wasn't any announcement for the Royal Guards so far. Palpatine is a Royal Guard seller so having him released 1~2months after the RG is odd. Palps should be released first or simultaneously with RG to boost the sales.
Anyway my 2 RG will be kept in their boxes waiting for their master to be released :)

Maybe it’s because of the throne.

I’ll probably save him to open on Christmas or something. My flexpay works out that way at least. :lol

Will this hold back the Royal Guard release?

It will be weird to have reveal
photos of the RG without the Emperor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SO reading through this, most people are happy he's coming late. I personally would prefer to have him now. But OK if they're using the time to improve the head sculpt or adding a second headsculpt then I'm OK with that. Very much doubt a second sculpt though.

But have they ever gone and done a totally different sculpt from the proto pics ? Pretty rare. I can't think of anything which was totally different, but I'm sure there must be some.

They totally redid the DX06 Jack Sparrow 2nd head from that strange grinning one to the simple smirk.

I think they'll redo Maul too. Do you count Boba Fett's helmet -- they used ROTJ repaint for the proto.

They totally redid the DX06 Jack Sparrow 2nd head from that strange grinning one to the simple smirk.

I think they'll redo Maul too. Do you count Boba Fett's helmet -- they used ROTJ repaint for the proto.

OK that's interesting about Jack Sparrow. And yes, I hope they do do something about Maul.

If a second sculpt was being added, they would have had a blurred image to begin with I guess.

Back