1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, I think I'm going to hold out for this figure and squash my plans for ordering a different Joker figure. Let's see how that pans out.

IMG_4680.jpg

Its a shame HT are seemingly just milking their Marvel/Star Wars cow for all its worth & neglecting more niche figures.

Exactly! Don't properties like Batman 66 allow Hot Toys to stretch and do different figures, as far as design go? I can't imagine sculpting Romero Joker wasn't more fun than most other heads, but I'm biased. This is such a fun figure, a nice contrast to the gangsta, meth-head Joker of Suicide Squad. Not to take anything away from that version's look. I get it's all dollars and cents (and yen) but to show this figure last fall and just go silent....man, that's not a customer focus for a company.

"Milking" Star Wars and Marvel are precisely what enables Hot Toys to do niche figures. :dunno

Let's hope so. It would be a shame if this figure were relegated to the "could have been" zone. Between Romero Joker and any news of a Logan figure I'm a little perturbed with Hot Toys as of late.

Where are these niche figures you speak of?

Literally anything other than Marvel, Star Wars and whatever the current Batman is.

I've always had trouble with the argument that we apparently need to be appreciative of Marvel and Star Wars that we ever get anything else at all. It speaks as though Hot Toys have had the Marvel and Star Wars licenses since their very inception as a company. They did not. It's sorta putting the cart before the horse in a way. Hot Toys built themselves on the classic Aliens and Robots licenses - Alien, Predator, Terminator and Robocop. The Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't even exist yet. The Star Wars license came even later than that. So..no I'm not gonna 'thank' Marvel or Star Wars for jack ***t.

Last edited:
Lets take a close look at Hot Toys' current business model...ponder for a moment...and then...accept the sad reality that this figure will never be released...sorry don't shoot the messenger.

Literally anything other than Marvel, Star Wars and whatever the current Batman is.

I've always had trouble with the argument that we apparently need to be appreciative of Marvel and Star Wars that we ever get anything else at all. It speaks as though Hot Toys have had the Marvel and Star Wars licenses since their very inception as a company. They did not. It's sorta putting the cart before the horse in a way. Hot Toys built themselves on the classic Aliens and Robots licenses - Alien, Predator, Terminator and Robocop. The Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't even exist yet. The Star Wars license came even later than that. So..no I'm not gonna 'thank' Marvel or Star Wars for jack ***t.

Amen brother. Hot Toys started out doing military figures. Think how those people are feeling lol. Now we get a ton of Star Wars and Marvel, and not much love for DC lately imo.

"Milking" Star Wars and Marvel are precisely what enables Hot Toys to do niche figures. :dunno

Star Wars is an entity in itself, however I think people are giving 'Marvel' too much credit... it's Iron Man - not Marvel, that's the big seller for Hot Toys, and that's due more to the asian market loving robots.... I expect Cyborg will be a big seller in that market too.

That's not how it works.

Nah. They can afford it just fine as they are I'd wager.

Precisely.

In fact, most toy companies that are first starting out only do niche licenses because that's all they can afford as a start up.

If anything the Marvel bandwagon ought to be thankful the 80s franchises did well enough for Hot Toys to sustain them and build their reputation.

WOW!! That Batboat is amazing, sadly also amazing price tag. If I ever hit LOTTO......

thought this part was of interest from the ebay listing
Also, I have another auction listed for the compatible, rolling Batboat Trailer with Batmobile hitch! One's arrived at Hot Toys that will be used this year in their corporate toy exhibit in Japan

not much point in exhibiting a trailer and boat for a car thats not going into production or from a line that's dead , ...or is it just standard hot toys bait and switch :slap

but on the plus side who ever gets one gets a hot toys + level quality 1/6 scale replica

That's not how it works.

Precisely.

In fact, most toy companies that are first starting out only do niche licenses because that's all they can afford as a start up.

Surely the fact that niche licenses got them into the position to start getting Marvel, Star Wars contracts etc means they must have been making good money from those niche lines. Still think its dumb for them to almost entirely turn their back on those type of licenses and become so one dimensional. They are losing a lot of customers. When the current Marvel universe is drawing to a close and Star Wars slows down, maybe buyer fatigue sets in the other companies who've taken most of the niche licenses are then in a stronger position.

Back