Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never really been clear on how much of Vader's rough and beat up appearance was intentional by Lucas, as part of the overall aesthetic, and how much was just a result of the small budget and rushed production. Since he clearly wasn't afraid to show the mask off in some extreme closeups, no matter how sloppy the sculpt and paint job might have appeared.

I've never really been clear on how much of Vader's rough and beat up appearance was intentional by Lucas, as part of the overall aesthetic, and how much was just a result of the small budget and rushed production. Since he clearly wasn't afraid to show the mask off in some extreme closeups, no matter how sloppy the sculpt and paint job might have appeared.
True. But its exciting to think of the context, which was already in the crawl, and has been fully fleshed out at the end of Rogue One. It looks like that because he was just in a crowded hallway with some rebel buddies...

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

I suppose, but if that's what Lucas was going for there probably would have been scorch marks or more obvious battle damage to his outfit... instead of it looking like Vader simply had his helmet painted by a 5 year old. :D

I'm sure it was constraints.

But the chest and belt boxes are also worn out-looking in ANH...

And originally, Vader was designed as wearing the mask for the purposes of walking in vaccum, if I recall.

How much that influenced the quality of the paintwork... its hard to say.

I think it's a good mix of both. As utterly fantastic as the costumes and accessories were for SW back in the late 70s they weren't devoid of manufacturing quirks.

I don't think Lucas envisioned Vader as a pristine-suited envoy type figure as he clearly got his hands dirty early doors but I don't think he'd pictured the ending of Rogue One about 38 years early either.

That said I don't think I ever noticed how rough the helmet finish was until I ventured into this kind of world later in life.

I wish that the ROTS costume was more like the Ralph McQuarrie sketch’s and that Vader slowly transistioned into the suit we got in ANH and than ESB/ROTJ. A bit more of an evolution to the suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would have been cool to see, but I can understand why they went with the standard Vader look since that's what people were waiting to see through three prequels.
Exactly.

The previous generation of haters would have burned Skywalker Ranch to the ground if it had looked too different.

Although, to the big connoisseurs here, it is obvious that that first armor is slightly different from the classic ones, too.

I know the ROTS is different, probably the worst of the suits.

Just in my imagination it would have been a cool idea to have a more obvious evolution of the suit.

I also understand that fans were clamouring for something familiar so they had to go with the recognizable Vader.

I know the ROTS is different, probably the worst of the suits.

Just in my imagination it would have been a cool idea to have a more obvious evolution of the suit.

I also understand that fans were clamouring for something familiar so they had to go with the recognizable Vader.

I really like the Rogue One figure. Here’s mine with a couple customs.

2B7A3CE1-FEEA-4F2C-86CA-A2254DB932B0.jpg

F6008342-4F77-493A-AD9A-754CF36E87AD.jpg

Back