Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say... any of you wear this RO Vader's cape over the neck part of his helmet?

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Yes, I checked ebay. That's the only copy. Shipping plus sales tax to Australia is 3 times the item cost :lol

Check constantly, look for the book on other shops. It's not like a limited edition book that was printed in 100 copies and is out of stock everywhere...

These Stormtrooper helmets are badass! Where did you get them?

Check out the thread in the Customs and diorama section: ANH Buckets.

I bought original 3D print at shapeways...which are no longer available..then casted a bunch. Get on the wait list, quick.

Love this guy! :love

NZw251y.jpg

RwPc7BF.jpg

z4xEdRU.jpg

X1jO53k.jpg

TJZHIaa.jpg

Thanks guys. Can’t discount how much Jazz’s dio is helping the overall all impression.

Hello everyone! First post here :)

I just ordered my first ever Hot Toys figure - Rogue One Vader!

He is my most favourite villain of all time and probably the only HT figure I will have ever bought in my life. I simply wanted a good-looking movie accurate Vader - hence why I went with RO version - I read on many places he is one of the best Vaders out there.

However, after digging a bit online, I noticed people complaining that he may not be fully movie accurate to RO - mainly because his tunics are under and not over his armor in the movie - I never noticed this while watching RO.

My question is: Is everything else as it appears in the movie (I am not an expert on smallest details) - helmet, chest plate, etc. and is there a way to put the tunics over the armor?

Thank you and appreciated!

He is my most favourite villain of all time and probably the only HT figure I will have ever bought in my life. I simply wanted a good-looking movie accurate Vader - hence why I went with RO version - I read on many places he is one of the best Vaders out there.

However, after digging a bit online, I noticed people complaining that he may not be fully movie accurate to RO - mainly because his tunics are under and not over his armor in the movie - I never noticed this while watching RO.

My question is: Is everything else as it appears in the movie (I am not an expert on smallest details) - helmet, chest plate, etc. and is there a way to put the tunics over the armor?

Oh boy...

In short, yes you can put the tunic over the armor quite easily (and technically he appears on screen both with it over and under the chest armor depending on the scene, but it’s more often on top of the armor in R1). No he is not 100% movie accurate. No Vader collectible is and likely never will be. And what is 100% screen accurate is highly subjective anyway.

Some specifics about what is most obviously not screen accurate: the mouth grill pattern behind the teeth is all wrong. the neck of the mask is too long. the shape of the face & eyes, while very good, isn’t an exact duplicate of the actual prop. He’s too tall for 1/6. The shin guards don’t fit very well.

That being said, he’s a VERY nice figure and I think most people would agree that he’s either the best or second best 1/6 Vader figure available (the other would be the new ESB Vader Hot Toys just released). Which one is best really just depends on your personal opinion. But I don’t think I’ve seen anyone really disappointed that they got the Rogue One figure.

The neck of the Figure appears long because the actor who is wearing it has a short neck and the mask sits on is shoulders lower than Prowse.
Plus the RO Vader prop doesn’t have the back neck extension which actually lifts the helmet up to true shoulder level, and the toy has to have a complete neck, because there’s no actor inside with a bear neck to complete the space, thus making the neck of Vader in toys look longer unless they actually make the proportions short. Vader sometimes is shown with the neck part of the mask behind the grieves And other times over it.
But unless the actually sculpted a new helmet and trimmed the edges, it should be the same general dimensions as the ot vader.

Is the there a comprehensive study on the RO helmet anywhere? I’d like to see any prop pics close up etc...

It seems however that the ESB is the least accurate in terms of the masks sculpt, in general, due to perhaps the provision of an interior headsculpt which may also be used for Rotj:
The mouths. Mouths vertical grill is too steep and flattens the mouth adding to the exaggerated size. The lower edge of the mouth and billets are also lowered to accommodate the detaching feature and further exaggerates the size of the mouth. The eyes also seem shallower and the cheeks flattened with the rest of the face ever so slightly. And the dome has been tilted back too far in an attempt to make the skirt of the dome longer.

In truth, the helmets used for the original trilogy are all based on the original sculpt, and aside from the the reveal, which was basically cut up and greeblies added, the base sculpt is the same with very minor changes, like the widows peak removed and that area resculpted because the helmet has a fake thickness created by a hollow lip along the edges of the dome, not unlike a little ledge or interior shelf that runs along the base of the domes edges. Then the lower bent was widened to make it easier to see and breathe, along with the shinier paint job and different attachment system.

The rogue one is more accurate to rogue one that empire is to the empire strikes back in my humble opinion.
But it’s mainly due to the helmet.
If you pop the RO helmet on the ESB, it’s makeit a hundred times better if you just ignored the widows peak and lower chin vent, since the face plate is so much better....

I actually prefer the look of the RO figure to how he looked in the movie, as I didn't care for the short neck and extra wide shoulders.

Wholeheartedly agree with that!

So in a way RO was not that accurate to the film. Except with the stunt actor who did the slaughter scene

Back