Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a pretty decent offer if you don't already have it. The ANH electronics are useless that's true, and it does come with crappy hands. But the rest is very nice and I like the torture droid quite a lot.

It's a pretty decent offer if you don't already have it. The ANH electronics are useless that's true, and it does come with crappy hands. But the rest is very nice and I like the torture droid quite a lot.

I totally agree. I own both and for the discounted price, it's worth getting.
The figures are just about identical, the major differences is the ANH is on a beefier body and that makes the body suit a bit larger as well, and the gloves are obviously different, but it still looks great. And that light up saber is about the best special feature on there and looks phenomenal when used.

Yeah I thought about it and decided to take the ANH version. Won't get him at that price anywhere else

Vader arrived today and he's amazing.

Unfortunately, I've been working on trying to get the batteries into the boxes for the last 30 minutes...

Hope to be able to finish tonight and post pics.

Unfortunately, I've been working on trying to get the batteries into the boxes for the last 30 minutes...

I got mine today too, great shipping time for $18 from Australia! Box had some creasing but I stopped caring much about the condition of standard hot toys boxes about 30 figures ago. Figure is perfect condition. I am not even going to mess with those belt boxes, I'll just assume that they work:)

I got mine today too, great shipping time for $18 from Australia! Box had some creasing but I stopped caring much about the condition of standard hot toys boxes about 30 figures ago. Figure is perfect condition. I am not even going to mess with those belt boxes, I'll just assume that they work:)

That's less than it costs me to send a figure to most parts of Australia.

That's less than it costs me to send a figure to most parts of Australia.

It's about $6 less than Sideshow charges me from within the lower 48 states and it only took a day or two longer:lol. My experiences with you Aussies have always been positive:)

I struggled to put the batteries in my ANH, checked that they worked, and took them out the next day; no way am I going to leave them in there and let them leak (HT batteries have been known to do that).
I didn't even bother on the R1 Vader.
But that does lead to an observation, in the hallway scene in Rogue One the belt boxes weren't lit up. It made for a great entrance with Vader standing in the dark lit by his saber, but the belt boxes should've been on. Strangely enough they were on at the end of the scene when Vader was standing in the space dock.
So I say leave the batteries out and the box lights off.

Last edited:
Excellent call, screamingmetal.

I finally got the batteries in with the help of a sewing needle. I wedged the needle between the second battery and the wire connector in the back of the box and pushed the battery in. Second box took about 10 minutes but they are finally done and working.

The next problem was getting the boxes on the belt without having the belt come loose at the buckle area. It was either one or the other... ugghhh... Finally got them hooked but came to the same decision as you. I'm not even going to bother switching on the box lights, as it's just too risky in knocking the boxes off the belt. The switches are tiny and not easily moved.

As for the figure, it is indeed fantastic and an eye catcher. Now bring on ESB/RotJ Vader!

A couple of quick pics:

RO Vader 1.jpg

RO Vader 2.jpg

I'm looking at mine as I checked your pics. It's such a beautiful piece! Totally love him.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

So what's the deal with this figure ? Seems like it totally disappeared from every site and the ones that do have him are asking extortion type prices. Is it really rare or something ?

So what's the deal with this figure ? Seems like it totally disappeared from every site and the ones that do have him are asking extortion type prices. Is it really rare or something ?

It waitlisted like the first or second day after the film came out and never went back up for order. A few days ago, the last retailer on the web (popcultcha) sold out of it so prices from what I'm seeing are starting to climb.

I tried to get one the day the film opened, but Sideshow JUST sold out! Ironically, however, I'll be getting one from Australia for cheaper than the Sideshow price.

With luck, he shows up tomorrow!

It waitlisted like the first or second day after the film came out and never went back up for order. A few days ago, the last retailer on the web (popcultcha) sold out of it so prices from what I'm seeing are starting to climb.

I tried to get one the day the film opened, but Sideshow JUST sold out! Ironically, however, I'll be getting one from Australia for cheaper than the Sideshow price.

With luck, he shows up tomorrow!

Thanks guys. I just started recollecting some 1/6 and he was one I was looking at but...

Back