Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My RO Vader has been sold, but kept the gloves for my JazzInc modded ANH Vader.

The Rogue One gloves really complete this figure. It's such a big difference. I do understand why Hot toys went with their original hand / glove design for the ANH Vader so I think it's always a trade off.

Wow thanks for the head's up! Just ordered him for £185 delivered which is a steal, will have to pay customs on top but hopefully won't be too much.

I ordered the ANH version last week but it got canceled, which I'm kind of glad about as I wanted this version but refused to pay the rate at which he's going for on ebay!

I ordered one from popcultcha, This i my third order form them, and i haven't been disappointed yet. i do the cheaper shipping and it hasn't taken more than two weeks for and item to get to me. I love this site and there sales. I can't wait for Lord Vader to arrive!

It sucks but look at it this way, if it had sold out before May 4 it'd cost a lot more than retail plus $18. It's a beautiful figure and I'm sure you'll forget about the $30 once you get this guy in hand.
Yeah I'm still happy I finally got one. I just have to remind myself that I'm not the only person that bought this for retail. I'm sure I'll be lucky with some future discount and things will even out with Vader here.

Yeah, retail is a good price for this figure considering it was basically sold out by the time Rogue One was in the theater.

And that fact strikes me as a bit odd that this is still available from Popcultcha yet sold out everywhere else. It makes me think Rogue One wasn't so popular there.

I do have a feeling that this sale might bring more R1 Vaders here to the states for Ebay and possibly parted out from sites like Toy Anxiety again; I think TA is smart enough to recognize a good sale opportunity.

Popcultcha is the official HT distributor in Australia. Like SS is in the U.S. They buy directly from HT and then distribute to any other retailers in Australia. So they will have plenty of stock, especially if the smaller independents aren't ordering many figures.

Not that many people are aware of popcultcha, that's how I got armored Batman and knightmare batman. Usually they are priced higher than anyone else unless they have a sale or it's sold out everywhere else

Can anyone give me the tl;dr version of what the difference is between the ANH gloves and the R1 gloves? To the point of people buying a $250 figure just for the gloves?

Can anyone give me the tl;dr version of what the difference is between the ANH gloves and the R1 gloves? To the point of people buying a $250 figure just for the gloves?

Gloves actually look like the ANH movie gloves. The ones on the ANH figure do not in any way.

I bought it for the gloves but then took the helmet, shin guards, outer robe, and belt/belt boxes to update my ANH Vader. It's an excellent figure in its own right and they didn't make too many of them so barely any are parted out, and when they are the gloves go for $75 or more alone.

Update with the kaiyodo helmet. Not too big a fan of the kaiyodo dome.. still needs some cleaning up but it seems really awkward. IMG_3346.jpg

Edit:

Removed the inner cap of the hasbro titanium dome and I'm not going to lie but I think this is a winning look.

d446b59932ddabf2a61ea04d4839eba0.jpg

So I went to order this figure from popcultcha Saturday night and it wouldn't upload PayPal so I could pay. Kept trying and trying and then it said it was sold out. Even though it was still in my shopping cart. So yeeeeah..had a chance to get this figure for $308 shipped: not anymore. Does anyone at all know where I could possibly get one (still sealed in the shipping box) for no more than that? It looks like the best Vader ever isn't ment to be owned by me.

The Rogue One Vader is super nice but I'm very disappointed that it didn't come with one the lightsaber led arms, like the ANH hope version.

Does anybody know if the led ANH lightsaber arm works on this figure?

I believe the suit is tighter in the arms as it wasn't meant to accommodate switching the arm out. It could be possible, but I can't remember anyone doing it. You'd also have to sacrifice one if the best parts of the figure--the gloves.

A member here just did a super impressive mod to make the saber work with the Rogue One gloves, but that's likely above most people's skill level.

wish i had waited on rogue one vader now , when i bought it i was new to buying hot toys and paid way more than popculcha's discounted price ... did think of buying it before it sold out last nighjt or today and then flipping it on ebay for £250 and getting some of my money back that way ..... but then thought about it and i paid what i paid so just forget it and move on lol

Or the local $400 price tag

Not that many people are aware of popcultcha, that's how I got armored Batman and knightmare batman. Usually they are priced higher than anyone else unless they have a sale or it's sold out everywhere else

The price is probably a good reason why it was in stock for so long.
Still, the regular Rogue One Stormtrooper is sold out there, someone was buying those up.

I'm glad i got my order in yesterday morning, I'm been eyeing him at popculcha since February. He was $260 something shipped to me then but then the price went back to near above retail in March/April, darn exchange rate. I knew he wouldn't last until Sunday with the 20% off.

that sale still goin? was suppose to end but i see discount still applies in cart?

Back