Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe, and I'm sure to be corrected if I'm wrong, the "stitching" on the SS is in the wrong direction.
They run vertical down the wrist not horizontal so you are correct.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Wow my WL converted and was shipped out within a few hours. Slated to be here Monday. I'm excited but even more shocked at the quick turnaround. In the past even in stock stuff took a couple of days after converting

Congrats Mike...when did you get on the wait list?

right out of its box. great cape!
i like the figure-the stand/base is imho quite cheap looking
stole the pose from iron studios 1/4 version except the saber position
113_darth.jpg

Agreed. Has anyone tried the ssc vader gloves as an alternative fix?

I believe, and I'm sure to be corrected if I'm wrong, the "stitching" on the SS is in the wrong direction.

They run vertical down the wrist not horizontal so you are correct.

Depends which SSC Vader you are talking about. The 2009 ANH Vader by SSC has the correct gloves.

That said, I think I've heard that they are very tight.

right out of its box. great cape!
i like the figure-the stand/base is imho quite cheap looking
stole the pose from iron studios 1/4 version except the saber position
113_darth.jpg

I really like this pose as well. I'm not a big fan of his light saber though. It's too pink. I'm thinking about trying to purchase the one from the HT ANH version. It looks darker red to me.

For those with both figures, the R1 does seem a tad taller, but mostly his boots. Replaced my ANH stock boots with the SSC Rotj ones (v1), and they are pretty good. Gives him a tad extra height. Hate having two characters that are different heights.

of course, you have to shave down the SSC ankle peg a tad, but easy

DSCN1005.JPG

I have every light on in my room and still not enough light for my Nikon to focus properly. lol

Those SSC boots kinda crack me up. At first I thought I had two left boots, but it's definitely right/left. Don't know if they did that on purpose, but it was a tad weird at first.

Pink saber:
A little bit offtopic, but who offers good cold cathode sabers here?
I think it would suit this figure perfectly?

I believe that the RO version. Can someone post a side by side comparison of the ANH saber and the RO saber?

I have both and they are the same. The ANH version has a small clear section that enters the hilt. Most likely to allow the red led light to get through the blade. That is the only difference. Since the RO does not light up they could have used a more solid red blade vs the translucent red one that looks pink when it is unlit.

For those with both figures, the R1 does seem a tad taller, but mostly his boots. Replaced my ANH stock boots with the SSC Rotj ones (v1), and they are pretty good. Gives him a tad extra height. Hate having two characters that are different heights.

of course, you have to shave down the SSC ankle peg a tad, but easy

View attachment 319794

I have every light on in my room and still not enough light for my Nikon to focus properly. lol

Those SSC boots kinda crack me up. At first I thought I had two left boots, but it's definitely right/left. Don't know if they did that on purpose, but it was a tad weird at first.

I know the details are a touch off on the RO chestbox (to work for ANH) but I do love the size of the RO box. The ANH chestbox always looks undersized to me in nearly every pic compared to how it looks onscreen.

Has anyone laid out the RO and ANH capes flat to see what the difference is? People seem to think the RO cape fits/hangs better than the ANH one. Curious to see if they redid the pattern on it or not.

RO codpiece looks more like a gaping sex hole.
Glad I have my ro vadervwoth a sideshow cod. Lol I'll never get that sight out of my head now lol I'm shocked they made it THAT big

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Back