Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was just the reflection of the "red lava" in his home.

"Red Lava" sung to the tune of "B-52's "Hot Lava".

Yeah, the red in his lenses is a reflection of the red all around him. In the scene talking to Krennic, as he starts to turn his head to walk away you see the red shifting and fading. I don't believe his lenses are as red as people seem to think they are. Just merely a reflection from his surroundings.

I took some shots today and the lenses showed off the colour well.
217f6121ab4c2e4e4ca7852d11304fb3.jpg
35b00d4178a51a5869c3f77a72854221.jpg
d5a4a917d947b9b350592e323acc9a11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, the red in his lenses is a reflection of the red all around him. In the scene talking to Krennic, as he starts to turn his head to walk away you see the red shifting and fading. I don't believe his lenses are as red as people seem to think they are. Just merely a reflection from his surroundings.

Was there red all over his helmet too? Just remember it being on the lenses.

Was there red all over his helmet too? Just remember it being on the lenses.

I have a decent bootleg and I've watched the scene slowly several times. I'm sure his lenses are a reddish/amber just like ANH, but not a deep red some seem to think they are. Remember too his lenses are glass/see through, so they'll reflect light from his surroundings much more than his dark black helmet will. I just took my ANH light up lightsaber/arm and turned it on and pointed it at Vaders head. Hardly any red reflects off the dome, but his lenses shine back a bright red reflection, just like it would in the movie.

Yeah, I guess for me it's more to do with the fact that the helmet is not red/amber vs the fact that the lenses are. If you shine a white light the helmet doesn't show red but the lenses do. Just not buying the lava aspect.

Yeah, I guess for me it's more to do with the fact that the helmet is not red/amber vs the fact that the lenses are. If you shine a white light the helmet doesn't show red but the lenses do. Just not buying the lava aspect.

I don't think War-Gar really meant the lava. There were red lights illuminating the floors and the walls in the scene I believe. It's that red light reflecting off the lenses, not Lava..

Actually just watched the scene again, and there is a LOT of red and smoke coming up from underneath... Maybe it is the lava!?? :lol But one thing for sure is the amount of red reflection on his lenses various greatly as he turns his head from side to side several times. Either way it's a debate that's not going to go away, so I guess it all comes down to however you want your Vader to look...

It's not as red in person, in natural light it looks the proper brownish tint IMO

It just depends on the surroundings and reflection that is bouncing off the lenses :dunno

I took some shots today and the lenses showed off the colour well.
217f6121ab4c2e4e4ca7852d11304fb3.jpg
35b00d4178a51a5869c3f77a72854221.jpg
d5a4a917d947b9b350592e323acc9a11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nice, and I agree with the others. The fig itself is more of a dark brown amber. I honestly thought the red in that scene was his lens and not realizing it was the surroundings...

Don't forget that Vader's eyes also are noticeably red as he stands on the bridge of the Devastator near the end. Not quite as much as the Krennic scene, but still notably so. I don't know how visible it would be in a camrip but I remember it from the theatre. Due to this I'd enjoy it if the red lenses were a little more visible on the Hot Toys release.
They still appear black in the majority of pictures, though his lenses only appeared completely black while in dark environments in the movie.

Yes, exactly. I've popped open about 5 heads, and this one was pretty much the easiest so far. identical to the ANH ones, except for the glue I suspect. From what I've tried, the reflective material does not make the eyes 'pop' as much as they do for the ANH version. I am guessing it may due to the fact that the lenses are a darker, richer color......

May see if I can get reflective reddish tape of some kind. In the movie, they looked red to me!

Let us know if you find a good solution. I'm surprised the reflective material doesn't work out so well.

Back