Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes he does so if you want that pose you can have it just fine.

1d9ed9bd91a97dae7aa8934cb398d2f9.jpg

It does look very cool but I rather have the boxes be visible because they have excellent detailing and not stress the joint sections too much. Maybe its just a matter of personal preferences.

Yeah elbows and shoulders. You've got to press the arms back to their limit and bend the arms forward, again to max to get this pose.

6471a572805e68085d98918e8f4ecd07.jpg

230686cc05f23005ec8e2654421ff5d2.jpg

Here's my final pose for now.

"You don't know the POWER of the Dark Side of the force!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trick is to flex the arms back so it puts less stress around the material so you can rest the hands on the boxes more naturally

:duff Thanks grevious. I've been considering grabbing them to go for the ESB look every once in a while as well since the Rogue One Vader has the high gloss.

Just messing around more tonight, here's the RO body and armor with the SS ROTJ belt, boxes, cod piece, cape, and hands. Tunic is from the SS deluxe. Just need to add a cape chain hook.
20170118_220457_LLS-1_zps9taollya.jpg

Can anyone explain why there's only a silver pin on the right side of the helmet? I can't seem to find an explanation for it anywhere and all ANH helmet replica's are the same whereas ESB it's symmetrical.

Can anyone explain why there's only a silver pin on the right side of the helmet? I can't seem to find an explanation for it anywhere and all ANH helmet replica's are the same whereas ESB it's symmetrical.

Well, that's the way it was in ANH so all the replicas...replicate it.
Why was it that way in the movie in the first place? I've never heard an actual explanation. Vader's helmet was a little rough in that movie so I'm guessing it was just an oversight. Maybe if someone else knows better they can chime in.

In Empire Strikes Back, the team created a new helmet for Vader that was much more neatly prepared. No more smudges, scratches, or inconsistent paint like the first time around. A few details changed as well like the brow of his dome, the size of his chin vent, etc.

So the length of the SS ROTJ belt and chest box was long enough to wrap around the R1 body? I only ask because the ANH SS belt was too short to go around my ANH Hot Toys Vader. I had to sew on a piece of leather to make it longer.

My R1 Vader and SS ROTJ belt and box are on the way and should be home shortly :).

Thanks

Just messing around more tonight, here's the RO body and armor with the SS ROTJ belt, boxes, cod piece, cape, robe, and hands. Just need to add a cape chain hook.

Just messing around more tonight, here's the RO body and armor with the SS ROTJ belt, boxes, cod piece, cape, robe, and hands. Just need to add a cape chain hook.

That's my pose!

I like seeing what you've done tho. Great Vader. I think where mine lacks is in the cape and tunic department.

Got my Vader in from BBTS two days ago, but I didn't have the chance to open it yet. It's my first 1/6 scale Vader so I hope I really like it when I open it later.

That's my pose!

I like seeing what you've done tho. Great Vader. I think where mine lacks is in the cape and tunic department.

Doh! I didn't realize I totally copied what you did a few posts back:slap. Sorry. I was trying to keep that left hand on and friction wasn't working.

So the length of the SS ROTJ belt and chest box was long enough to wrap around the R1 body? I only ask because the ANH SS belt was too short to go around my ANH Hot Toys Vader. I had to sew on a piece of leather to make it longer.

Yes, the SS ESB/ROTJ body is actually fatter than the RO body, so they should fit. The SS ANH lower torso is actually very thin - I had to extend both the belt and cod piece straps from that set to fit the RO body.

If I still had the SS deluxe Vader I'd use the R1 head for sure. I really can't believe how hard it is to get this figure now. Normally Vaders are easy to pick up.

I just can't believe that HT released a standard Vader figure that sold out so quickly with no wait list conversions. Do they hate money?

They hate to spend money. Like on production of tons of figures which never sell. TFA lesson.

Well my eBay seller contact in Hong Kong thinks HT will do another run of the Rogue One Vader.

Interesting. I'm going to guess that they didn't make that many R1 Vaders to begin with, not expecting it to sell as well as it is. So perhaps they'll make a little bit more, but not necessarily a full on second production run to where they're left with overstock like with the ANH figures they did a second run on.

Why don't hot toys just do ESB then? it is not much of a difference.

They still will.

Back