Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled the inner robes over. It looks so much better. Worth doing if you get him.

27bf7e6a8d64b42908960fb47d49042c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That looks awesome.

Yeah that does look really good. And I have to say the idea of having simply a "Rogue One Vader" (and not modding it into some other version) is growing on me more and more, now that I'm used to what he looks like in the movie and it no longer seems like just some strange hybrid of different styles.

That's how I am too with figures. I try and futz it to make it look as accurate to the film that it's supposed to be from (without getting too crazy). I wouldn't get a R1 Vader and try to make him look as ANH or ESB as much as possible; Vader had the tunic over the armor in R1, so I'd without question put the tunic over the armor.

what do the Vader experts here have to say about the HT RO boots vs ANH? i know they are shiner, is this ANH accurate?

I think Michael Crawford was really upset that the HT RO boot armor didn't fit properly on the boots, whereas the ANH does.

Have to say, I'm not a fan of the robed armor look on the Rogue One Vader.

I don't know, it just doesn't look as natural as it does on the ANH version, because in the film, and concerning the respective toy, they specifically tailored it to drape over the armor. So, it's a little baggier than the other "newer" iterations that came after.

Also, noticing the comments about the RO gloves not fitting properly on the ANH Vader. Wondering if you have to use the new body suit with the gloves?

It's probably not entirely intentional, but I know Hot Toys won't be complaining when everyone starts parting out tons of RO Vaders. As good as this Vader is, and I know I'm loving mine, I have a feeling that will be a big part of his fate moving forward now.

Any thoughts on how likely the SS waitlist for this will convert? I only put an order in recently, so I'm trying to decide how long to wait before looking at other sources.

Question - I noticed the neck hole in the RO shoulder armor is much larger than in the ANH version. Is this screen accurate, or did hot toys do that just to increase head articulation?

Also, noticing the comments about the RO gloves not fitting properly on the ANH Vader. Wondering if you have to use the new body suit with the gloves?

They fit fine, but you'll probably need to heat them up first. And after fitting them push the sleeves back down inside.

I wonder if the boots are what's causing it? Maybe someone who has both could answer.

It's the thickness of the Velcro that prevents the armour sitting flush. Out of the box they looked terrible, but I moved the pieces down closer to the feet and they looked a lot better.

This is now listed as sold out on Sideshow. :(
Hot dam! I jumped on the wait list late but had a feeling this was going to be the case. Jump on him on eBay if you still want him bad enough before the price goes up. Sorry bud I got mine from a city 2 hours away and paid 300 but that was a week ago. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Wow. They've really cut down after the flood that was ANH and TFA. Bet they mass produced the R1 figs I've ordered though.

It's not the end of the world. There will be other Vaders. Maybe not a second wave of Rogue One, but still.

Sometimes you have to pounce while the offer is still young. I typically know if I'm going to want a figure, space constraints not withstanding, within the first few months of its announcement. Often times within the first few days or weeks.

Obviously, if I really like the property the character is from, it makes a big difference. Then I have to have adequate space to display said figure. Lastly, I have to have the freakin money. I always do, but I could see that being the biggest drawback for pre-ordering a bunch of things in advance and then getting hit by all of them at once, lol.

Back