Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comparison shots. RO Vader I like the best, just my personal opinion.

Eh, shouldn't be that hard to remove the stitching holding the pleats together. In fact I'm still wondering if the pleats were even in the movie; I tried looking for them but it was hard to make much of anything out.

The pleats are sewn at the top and don't appear easy to remove short of unpicking the two sewn pieces and then cutting/sewing again.

I have a small number of parts that I'm letting go from this figure. They include the head, chest armour, Cape and inner tunic , chest box , lightsabre and shins .

Personally, I think ANH Vader looks stupid with his cape push behind his shoulder armor. Also, it does look like they adjusted the sculpt for the R1 version based on those pics.

robtoys-4.jpg

Significant differences there. RO helmet appears to have a wider flare, the noggin is definitely bigger (indeed, one might use the term 'bulbous' to describe it if being unkind) and the RO grill is much shinier and thus feels more pronounced (compared to ANH HT). Indeed, the face seems bulkier and wider. For me personally, I don't get much of an ANH vibe from the RO HT Vader.

ANH HT all the way. :wave :wink1:

There's so serious warping in that photo above as RO Vader's on the edge of frame. I wouldn't merit a direct comparison between the two.

With the speed HT got this Vader out, there's no reason to suspect they 'tweaked' the mask/helmet beyond a different paintjob.

^^what Wor-Gar said. Pretty sure that shot was taken with a wide angle lense and with R1 Vader being further from the center of the frame, he's much more distorted. Everything I've seen suggests it's the same exact helmet sculpt. It'd be cool to hear from anyone who has both in hand what their impression is seeing it in person. My money is that it's exactly the same helmet sculpt.

Mine shipped from Sideshow too. I've really been looking forward to getting this since I saw Rogue One. Come to papa!

Personally, I think ANH Vader looks stupid with his cape push behind his shoulder armor. Also, it does look like they adjusted the sculpt for the R1 version based on those pics.

The chest armour is a different sculpt, a lot more accurate in size and shape. The shoulder bells are far better also.

Back