Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my favorite Vader released so far. Who knows if the RotJ Vader will top it.

That's the only other Vader I'll buy, I'm lucky this was the one I went for. I really just want it for the full reveal head which is a must IMO for a RotJ Vader release. Maybe it'll have the railing he threw Palpatine over as a big base.

Yeah. I *wanted* ESB to be my favourite Vader, but the RO turned out to be. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m by far no expert on Vader. I have ESB Vader on the way and have gone back and forth in deciding whether or not to track down a Rogue One version as well.

What are some of the better features of R1 Vader vs ESB?

In my personal opinion R1 Vaders benefits over ESB are that he dont have the episode III mask removal seams above the tusks, a slightly better dimensioned and sized mouth triangle and forward pointing tusks.

ESB version has his benefits too, for example sharper face sculpt etc. Enough that I decided to go with that one over the R1, they are the best two Vaders in 1:6 for sure in my opinion, cant go wrong with either.

Judging by the prototype of the Quarter Scale ROTJ Vader there's a huge gap from his chest box down to his cod-piece, just doesn't look right.

Things like that can often be futzed away. I see what you mean but looks fine in this shot, suggesting the cod piece, belt can be adjusted.

star-wars-darth-vader-quarter-scale-figure-hot-toys-902506-06.jpg

So there no way to use the ESB led lightsaber forearm on the R1 Vader? I just want to be sure.

Possible you could, but the gloves aren’t the same, so you’d have to at least have another matching left hand. I’d guess the arms are compatible but I don’t have the figure to say for sure.

If your going to do light up arms the Vader from the Tarkin two pack has the matching glove. Not sure on the Rogue One Vader arm compatability though.

If your going to do light up arms the Vader from the Tarkin two pack has the matching glove. Not sure on the Rogue One Vader arm compatability though.
Tarkin - Vader pack light up arm is not compatible with RO body. I had to buy a loose Tarkin pack body and change the RO colthes on him.

That sucks. Good to know as I never got the Rogue One version but I have the Tarkin 2 pack arm on my version since I liked the Rogue One gloves better than the fabric.

a486d887763a85e467d8bf49aefd1d45.jpg

Vader fanatics, would you say this is normal? I have never bent the knees and bought this bad boy brand new the other month, still in a sealed brown shipper. Basically I take my figures out of the package, put them in a museum pose and don’t touch them. But as I was rearranging a new detolf I noticed both legs have these creases? I’m new to hot toys and Vader’s so just making sure this isn’t starting to deteriorate after not even having him for 2 months..

[...]
Vader fanatics, would you say this is normal? I have never bent the knees and bought this bad boy brand new the other month, still in a sealed brown shipper. Basically I take my figures out of the package, put them in a museum pose and don’t touch them. But as I was rearranging a new detolf I noticed both legs have these creases? I’m new to hot toys and Vader’s so just making sure this isn’t starting to deteriorate after not even having him for 2 months..

My R1 Vader was like that outta the sealed box. The suit can crease or bunch up here and there. To remedy this I removed the boots, pulled the suit legs as tight as I could (carefully of course) and gently worked the boots back on with a slight twisting motion, in order to get them back in place without pushing and bunching up the leg fabric too much.

Phew. Okay, thank you for the info! Bit nervous to even touch this guy lol so that may have to wait but glad I’m not alone with these creases!

Back