Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you order the figure MISB from SSC or any other retailer, you don't see photos of the actual figure either. So it's just as much of a gamble as to what problems may await.
That's true, but the way I see it if figures from retailers have issues you can usually get a replacement. If you buy MISB from a person you're pretty much out of luck. There's not much excuse for the guy not giving ample info or pictures for an open and displayed figure.

I don't know if PC has extra replacement parts like SSC does though.

That's true, but the way I see it if figures from retailers have issues you can usually get a replacement. If you buy MISB from a person you're pretty much out of luck. There's not much excuse for the guy not giving ample info or pictures for an open and displayed figure.

I don't know if PC has extra replacement parts like SSC does though.

True, but at the same time, I believe eBay protects the buyer more than it does the seller. If you file a complaint with eBay with pictures that the item arrived a certain way that wasn't as described or had a major issue that wasn't mentioned in the description, it's likely they'll give you your money back.

Provided it's from a legit seller, I sometimes almost prefer buying figures pre owned because generally, you get to see the condition of figure in pictures beforehand and what flaws it does or doesn't have. Most people with these collectibles though generally take pretty good care of them, so I don't imagine many times there would be a major issue with the figure that was self inflicted.

He has good feedback, but the lack of actual photos doesn't sit right with me.

I was stalling too much, hoping to find a deal so I just ordered this off of PC for $274 shipped. This will be my first 1/6 SW.

my advice is if the seller doesnt have pica don't trust him. The app lets you take pics from your phone directly into a message. Cant take a pic my ass

Just got this guy in today from popcultcha:yess:! they didn't double box but the brown shipper was heavily wrapped in bubble wrap and was in perfect condition. I ordered last Saturday and received it today (U.S) I'd highly recommend them.
So Happy I sold off my SSC Vader to fund this guy!

This is my favorite depiction of Vader, he looks absolutely stunning in hand. My only gripe would be the lack of hand pegs for each glove, the saber is also kinda pinkish.. I'll be spray painting it with Translucent Red Spray Paint once it arrives from amazon.

Also! has anyone attempted the Jazz Mod on this figure? After re-watching RO on Blu-Ray his eyes are pretty darn red.

And me....:). I have one Brand new in box and sealed in its brown shipper for sale on the way. I bought one on eBay and my waitlist order with a Canadian store came trough. Now I am trying to recover my cost on my EBay purchase.

I paid $315 USD plus shipping. Anyone interested send me a pm and I can send pics when I get it. I should get it next week. Or if you live in Alberta you are more than welcome to pick it up to save on shipping cost.

Sold out everywhere but Popcultcha and Ebay

Anyone know if you can put the Anakin portrait from the deluxe on this one?
Any tutorials on swapping the chest and crotch piece?

Just got this guy in today from popcultcha:yess:! they didn't double box but the brown shipper was heavily wrapped in bubble wrap and was in perfect condition. I ordered last Saturday and received it today (U.S) I'd highly recommend them.
So Happy I sold off my SSC Vader to fund this guy!

This is my favorite depiction of Vader, he looks absolutely stunning in hand. My only gripe would be the lack of hand pegs for each glove, the saber is also kinda pinkish.. I'll be spray painting it with Translucent Red Spray Paint once it arrives from amazon.

Also! has anyone attempted the Jazz Mod on this figure? After re-watching RO on Blu-Ray his eyes are pretty darn red.

Please post b4 and after pics.

Anyone know if you can put the Anakin portrait from the deluxe on this one?
Any tutorials on swapping the chest and crotch piece?

Nope, Anakin head doesn't fit :( I bought it from Toyanxiety especially too. Chest and crotch are easy, doesn't need a tutorial to be honest! Just have a go.

So this is what darth looks like when you take all the gear off..!

IMG_3909.jpg

And the result - Belt, chest and crotch from Sideshow, Inner robe from the ANH Vader. bit of a hybrid.

IMG_3899.jpg

Back