Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Megacolour. I'm expecting mine this week too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your a Star Wars fan you'll love it...one of if not the best cape on a hot toy to date. Congrats on the pick up!

Last edited:
After much debate between the two, I've decided to move my RO Vader and just mod the **** out of ANH version. If any of you guys/gals looking to pick him up, hit me up.

I just received notice that my WL for Rogue 1 Vader is converting on the 26th. Figures since I already have one...

Hmm... odd that it shows sold out on SSC website though... I'm cancelling mine so maybe someone else who wants it will get a chance. Don't need 2 of them, lol!

To those that have both the HT ANH Vader cape and the Rogue One cape, what are the differences between the two other than length? Are they the same material, stitching, etc? I hear several people praising the RO cape but from what I can see in pics it looks the same to me.

Congrats to you guys getting your WL's converted!

To those that have both the HT ANH Vader cape and the Rogue One cape, what are the differences between the two other than length? Are they the same material, stitching, etc? I hear several people praising the RO cape but from what I can see in pics it looks the same to me.

The ANH cape is just ok IMO but the RO cape is far superior. I'm gonna look for a RO cape for my ANH Vader.

Congrats to those with conversions so far, can i ask when did you guys jump on the WL..( i jumped on WL morning of dec 17th ) ,so im still keeping my fingers crossed

Just cancelled my WL for this so there will be one collector out there who will get a shot at it. I jumped on the list the day it went to WL, whenever that was. I found one at Timewalker for sale so jumped on that and forgot to cancel my WL request with SSC. Good luck to those waiting. I hope yours converts soon.

Got real lucky and found a retailer close to me that had one at regular price. Also picked up the Stormtrooper as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 287

Rogue One cape is much better. Feels the same, but seams aren't there and, I think, it drapes better.

Thanks. I assume opening the helmet is as straight forward as for the ANH helmet, right?
I was considering putting that reflective tape behind the eyes to make the red pop more like it did in the movie.

Yes, exactly. I've popped open about 5 heads, and this one was pretty much the easiest so far. identical to the ANH ones, except for the glue I suspect. From what I've tried, the reflective material does not make the eyes 'pop' as much as they do for the ANH version. I am guessing it may due to the fact that the lenses are a darker, richer color......

May see if I can get reflective reddish tape of some kind. In the movie, they looked red to me!

Back