Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can go both ways because the pieces itself if you think about. Less they make more valueable they are. For some thats big incase of resell value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I honestly hope Hot Toys business plan isn't designed for people who resell their products at a higher price. And to be frank, people who buy figures just to sell them are basically taking them out of the hands of people who genuinely want the figure, and they end up forcing the prices for these figures up through that kind of practice, which is good for no one long term.

IMO the fact that the TFA troopers are still availible means that HT made less RO troopers.

Listen I'm not that guy who buys to resell and make profit I was just making a point some like too resell and other sbuy for the collection. I like adding to my stuff and my point to this is I like limited edition collectibles. The less the better for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Never a problem except for folks who procrastinate on getting figs then when they go to waitlist or sold out..then excuses / discussions about edition sizes and unfair practices whatnot happen. :slap

No talking about it for any TFA Troopers :lol

I just bought my first house 18 months ago, I'm getting married in October, I have season tickets for the New Jersey Devils, and I have six figures on preorder. I'd like to order Jyn, K-2SO, a shoretrooper and two of these stormtroopers.

But it's my fault that I'm mad this got waitlisted and that people buy/sell for profit when I'm an actual collector, and I'm making excuses as to why this is on waitlist? Sometimes people can't afford to preorder so many of these at once. Money is finite and not all of us are loaded financially, so can you blame people for being frustrated that things sell out because of scalpers?

Kind of a jerkoff comment...

I just bought my first house 18 months ago, I'm getting married in October, I have season tickets for the New Jersey Devils, and I have six figures on preorder. I'd like to order Jyn, K-2SO, a shoretrooper and two of these stormtroopers.

But it's my fault that I'm mad this got waitlisted and that people buy/sell for profit when I'm an actual collector, and I'm making excuses as to why this is on waitlist? Sometimes people can't afford to preorder so many of these at once. Money is finite and not all of us are loaded financially, so can you blame people for being frustrated that things sell out because of scalpers?

Kind of a jerkoff comment...

We all have financial matters to attend before buying our dolls therefore; you're not alone in figuring out how to manage the hobby. Nor do I buy the excuse items go to waitlist on SS because of scalpers....eBay (yes)....SS (rare)....maybe they reduced the production run which I support. Nothing to do with being a jerkoff comment simply don't buy the excuses. Maybe because I was in the hobby when these piece were really limited and one had to be online and get thru to get your order placed. This system is infinitely better.

We all have financial matters to attend before buying our dolls therefore; you're not alone in figuring out how to manage the hobby. Nor do I buy the excuse items go to waitlist on SS because of scalpers....eBay (yes)....SS (rare)....maybe they reduced the production run which I support. Nothing to do with being a jerkoff comment simply don't buy the excuses. Maybe because I was in the hobby when these piece were really limited and one had to be online and get thru to get your order placed. This system is infinitely better.

Man i remember those stressful moments when sideshow used to have their ppo days for some of their figures.

Man i remember those stressful moments when sideshow used to have their ppo days for some of their figures.

Yessir....our post where either acknowledgement of getting thru to get the PO or missing it.....and damning those who got thru...:rotfl...I don't recall a WL back in the day but I could be mistaken. It's been awhile...

My comment wasn't a personal shot at you, but the sentiment. It's frustrating when you'd like to wait a little but to pre-order something, because you'd like to try and make room financially, only to have that something sell out right in front of you. I get it's the way it goes sometimes, but to say people are making excuses as to why they can't get something isn't really right. It's a crappy feeling when you feel like your collection in missing a few (personally) important pieces because you can't squeeze them in.

It's better now than it used to be, I get it. It still shouldn't give someone the right to say you're making excuses when you're frustrated with how it played out. There should be some warning that something is about to go to waitlist so you can plan accordingly.

Yessir....our post where either acknowledgement of getting thru to get the PO or missing it.....and damning those who got thru...:rotfl...I don't recall a WL back in the day but I could be mistaken. It's been awhile...

those days were awesome, i started collecting 1/6 around the time i joined this forum and i remember paying $65.00 for sideshow sith anakin and thinking it was too much, then i saw the price of the avp preds for $135.00 and thinking no way i would pay that much for collectibles........

Those were the days!

One window set to Sideshow's order page, being constantly refreshed and another window opened to the Freaks board, with everyone sounding off. It was the golden age of collecting Sideshow pieces.

And don't forget Pitu! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu-O9JVqcjs&index=50&list=PL8LtENramrPRrNu1QCGqGaD-KnPA6B9Uq

whatever happened to that guy? you'd think he's probably got his own toy company by now or something.

Certainly was the good ol days lol... if i remember correctly one of them was The Guardian Predator

man i hated myself for missing the ppo for guardian only to come on here and read some of the comments about how they had preordered and not wanting the figure anymore and wanting almost double for it. predators do not sell like they used to.

those days were awesome, i started collecting 1/6 around the time i joined this forum and i remember paying $65.00 for sideshow sith anakin and thinking it was too much, then i saw the price of the avp preds for $135.00 and thinking no way i would pay that much

At the time it could be frustrating when you missed out but it got the ole juices flowing for certain. Good times....

I said no way to the exorbitant prices many times yet give in and pay the new price...ugh. I had to make allowances as prices increased like trimming down the collection. One day I'll be good on my word and walk away...for now they got me :)

At the time it could be frustrating when you missed out but it got the ole juices flowing for certain. Good times....

I said no way to the exorbitant prices many times yet give in and pay the new price...ugh. I had to make allowances as prices increased like trimming down the collection. One day I'll be good on my word and walk away...for now they got me :)

yeah it was quite a rush, i remember sitting on my computer sweating and my heartbeat at 120 bpm. :lol they got me too, i dont think i'll be able to fully quit collecting.

I remember trying to get limited sneakers online a few years ago: up before 7am, constantly refreshing, credit card info ready to go, and knowing exactly where to click on the screen to get your proper size in cart and checked out ASAP -- and STILL missing out after hours of waiting in que, hoping that it wouldn't sell out.

Coming from that to these figures, as blunt as it may sound, I have no sympathy for those who miss out on PO's. People literally have almost months, maybe weeks to PO. I can only think of 2 figures recently (stealth Mk7 and BV Cap) where you only had a day to PO. Man..... the pairs of shoes I would own if I had the same opportunity...

I can only think of 2 figures recently (stealth Mk7 and BV Cap) where you only had a day to PO. Man..... the pairs of shoes I would own if I had the same opportunity...

Another was the Finn Stormtrooper figure. They make a million of every TFA Stormtrooper variant but then barely any of him. I think some of the frustration comes from the fact that there's no edition size on anything. Clearly some figures are produced in huge numbers and others in tiny numbers. Makes it difficult to plan accordingly when you can wait 12-15 months to order some exclusive figures and only 3 months or 2 days for another.

Back