1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Jedha patrol backpack. I like that this one is fixed though makes posing a bit easier I bet.

To an extent maybe? I actually prefer removable packs. They're a pain out of the box, but don't give me problems after initial set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the magnetized ones plus straps/hooks are the best of both worlds, Just feel like the original Sandtrooper often needed to have the straps tightened.

Maybe the magnetized ones plus straps/hooks are the best of both worlds, Just feel like the original Sandtrooper often needed to have the straps tightened.

Actually yeah -- the magnets are a sweet feature.

This version of the R1 stormtroopers has been the most difficult to pose up.

1. Something about the way it's assembled. The armour is tighter to the body, the underlying body may even be either a different model or less padded. It's the only trooper out of my 6 where the codpiece remains relatively high, although I was able to adjust it.

2. The particular weathering pattern and the colour scheme (white pauldron) can conspire to somehow soften the trooper's appearance.

3. Either it's the weathering, or the armour components are minutely smaller or less flared out than the other releases. I may also be losing my mind, but when I get new batteries for my digital Vernier gauge I can actually measure it and see.

The smaller dimensions of the backpack probably contribute to the illusion.

I recently got glasses (yay, aging) so this time it's not my vision.

4. Pauldron seems to have more padding or is otherwise thicker than black and orange.

--

All of this comes together to make a trooper that can appear less bulky, making it problematic to achieve a sense of encumbrance, weight and bulk.

The solution was to spend a lot of time working in the armour, shifting it around, and finding the right lines in terms of flow and where the plates were sitting.

These are details not many people will notice on their own, but add up to a sense of gravity, which is what I always look for in my relatively neutral poses.

I'm happy with the way everything sits for now, and he looks great with the squad.

Note that I could increase the illusion of bulk had I switched him to an E-11, but want the DLT-19 in the display at this time.

1dafa7804fb2085287bb18ab27f367bd.jpg

2b93914983a9b6d3ce9615e8836a389a.jpg

Although...once you start working this one in, there are a lot of great options. The pack is a good counterbalance, too.

9d2c5354af3311fc61778a3c2f6f9286.jpg

I've got the two pack...I suppose this guy with the 20% at Popcultcha makes sense to complete the trio.

I'm actually going to sell mine for original retail (easy come, easy go) -- only because I've opted to get another vanilla stormtrooper instead.

I like him a lot, but I'm only dedicating one shelf for these and prefer the uniformity of a large squad of regulars.

It was in stock last night, waitlisted. I got on the list. I didn't 100% need one, but would've liked to pick one up. Waited too long.

It was in stock last night, waitlisted. I got on the list. I didn't 100% need one, but would've liked to pick one up. Waited too long.

Wow there must have only been a couple left. It was available when I posted.

damn, I had a chance to Pre order him yesterday... was gonna pull trigger today and BOOM.

Waitlisted... oh well. Lesson learned :(

Rogue One Stormtrooper 2-Pack was just up briefly. I managed to snag a a set.

What? Damn, I?m gonna have to keep a constant eye out. I?ve been after that 2 pack or the TK-14057 single trooper for a while now. Finding one at retail would be a Huge win. Congrats.

Last edited:
Resurrecting old thread to share the best deal I ever purchased on eBay. I received (All) BNIB Rogue One Storm Trooper Figure Set, Two Rogue One Storm Troopers and a Rogue One Jedha Patrol Storm Trooper for $800 shipped. I was hesitant when I purchased because the figure set alone on evilbay goes around $800. They arrived today and I'll be damn.......It's not even my birthday....:)

Back