Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Then I took it home and put it in the oven to dry off. But while I was at it, threw in a pizza for some lunch. After that I took it and put it in a cooler with ice, but not before blasting it with a fire extinguisher to prevent any burns."
Hahahaha! Too funny! :D

Well, I just had time to open mine up....how the hell did HT manage to screw this up??
Looking at the design and figure, I thought this would have a great range of movement and be fun to pose, but the damn thing is a pain in the ass!
The hands want to fall off with the slightest nudge, the shoulders are incredibly stiff and uncooperative, the forearm armor is TIGHT to the arm and doesn't want to turn, the thigh armor isn't hard abs plastic separate from the belt like all the other HT stormtrooper like armor to date, but a somewhat soft vinyl belt/armor single piece that will not let you pose the legs bent much at the hip!
:gah:

But after you struggle to get it into a cool pose, it looks great!

I do have a couple of minor nits, the underside of the helmet is open and exposed, so it doesn't appear complete from certain angles. This does give the head a wide range of movement, but I'd like something, like a piece of cloth covered foam to fill in this big empty hole. There's one additional small pouch on the back that's cast plastic; for the price, I'd expect every pouch to actually be made from cloth not just the front one. And he's light on accessories.
I do love the armor and weapon, but an extra sand covering for the base and maybe an extra weapon would've made this a better release.

It's a really nice figure, it just has some irritations.

Last edited:
Just got mine and thought I'd toss him on Chirrut's stand for a quick pic. Really like this one so far, love the colors, and will probably pic up any other shoretroopers they make.

IMG_0630.JPG

That's a great pic, Chaka. I don't own the SS but I really hope HT tackles the Scout Trooper soon.

My Shoretrooper should be here today. Can't wait to open up this bad boy.

Great pictures in this thread! :duff he does look good between the Sandtrooper and Scout.

Nice ones! That must have been after you went off roading with him strapped to the hood of the car? [emoji12]

Dragging him behind the car I was thinking :lol

Good stuff SillySpook :duff

Haha yep that's even better!

Hahaha! No car was involved. Just a bit of walking down a hill...and rolling the figure down the hill first. ;) Hahaha.

That's ridiculous. Why would you do that? You were supposed to slide down the hill on TOP of him like a snowboard. [emoji1]

Back