Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good DBoz! The Stormtroopers are taking a backseat to the new troopers, letting them take the blaster hits.

SillySpook, those shots are priceless...the "waist-deep" one is an instant classic...really cool!

Snapped another one today...will get him outside this weekend.....

Keep the inspirational shots coming...this trooper is spawning some cool ones!

Wow, this dude is every bit as cool as I was expecting! Definitely doesn't disappoint.

Here's a 360° of him (sort of).

7a82c3aa5c2aa585c7ebef5ca6434458.jpg
6009014e370dc6aacda538516106dcc3.jpg
64c06652f8c2b5e8082637f5c9be1af4.jpg
34c1fcdb9f7d6f6c17fe0a722f5e38b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I'll say about these guys--I doubt they'll make more of them. Seems like a pretty niche focus for collectors (I honestly don't even remember them from the movie), but we'll probably get 20 more regular Storm Trooper variations, so we'll never have a major scarcity of those.

They gave us three death troopers but just one of these guys, I guess since those were marketed so heavily. They definitely got cold feet after over producing all twenty of those TFA troopers.

SillySpook, those shots are priceless...the "waist-deep" one is an instant classic...really cool!

Water shots = repped!!! Awesome pics!

Thanks for all the nice comments! :wave I have a ton more pictures just from that quick shoot outside. It's supposed to rain here on Friday, so I hoping to get some good wet and muddy pictures. But here's another shot for you guys from yesterday.
18578998_1434779693252365_1667709579_n.jpg

This one is for all those guys who are scared of doing the "water treatment" to figure material. Am sure those pants will sit well now with some extra real weathering !

Great stuff !!

Yeah. That is common these days it seems. It's the exact opposite of the problem we used to have when they were too hard to get off and always got broken. That's why they started including an extra set of pegs.

Anyway, mine came last Thursday, but I just finally had a chance to take it out of the box. No dynamic, outdoor pics, though. Just all my R1 troopers. Although my Jedha troopers are pretty well hidden in this picture.

620f3e8020dcd55ee34399f3104b5ad8.jpg

Awesome. How do you feel about the Deathtrooper compared to the Shoretrooper and Jedha patrol stormie? I'm considering letting my preorder for the deluxe go just because of so much stuff hitting all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one is for all those guys who are scared of doing the "water treatment" to figure material. Am sure those pants will sit well now with some extra real weathering !

Great stuff !!

It didn't take too long to dry either. I came back inside yesterday from taking the pictures, set the figure up in a pose on top of the oven, turned it on and the heat helped dry him out(I also cooked a pizza)....but by morning he was nice and dry.

It didn't take too long to dry either. I came back inside yesterday from taking the pictures, set the figure up in a pose on top of the oven, turned it on and the heat helped dry him out(I also cooked a pizza)....but by morning he was nice and dry.

I thought you were gonna say you put it INSIDE the oven, knowing how much guts you have. [emoji23]

I have a feeling this trooper won't be available at retail for too long. Since this figure is the only variant we know is coming out, it will probably sell quickly. If anyone is still on the fence, I would just buy the figure. It looks good and brings a unique look to the trooper display.

Awesome. How do you feel about the Deathtrooper compared to the Shoretrooper and Jedha patrol stormie? I'm considering letting my preorder for the deluxe go just because of so much stuff hitting all at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are all great figures. The Deathtrooper has real presence and is a great design. If I could only have one trooper to represent Rogue One, I would say the Deathtrooper would be my choice. That said, the Shoretrooper is a unique design as well. It's kind of nice to have a trooper with some color on the shelf.

Hahaha! I knew someone was going to say it! :D

"Then I took it home and put it in the oven to dry off. But while I was at it, threw in a pizza for some lunch. After that I took it and put it in a cooler with ice, but not before blasting it with a fire extinguisher to prevent any burns."

Back