Hot Toys Rogue One - Jyn Erso (Imperial Disguise Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For us indecisive non-futzers, this is a great figure. :lol
The same mentality is why I ended up getting resistance Rey instead of scavenger Rey, although I do get the urge to get a scavenger Rey a lot! I'm probably going to regret not going with a deluxe Jyn.

For me I still throwback to the iconic shot of the trailer with Jyn suited up like this and staring back at the camera. She was a perfectly fine character (although I found her father much more interesting and was hoping we'd get some sort of exclusive of him) but never fully reached the heights of hype that was flying around the net about her.

For me I still throwback to the iconic shot of the trailer with Jyn suited up like this and staring back at the camera. She was a perfectly fine character (although I found her father much more interesting and was hoping we'd get some sort of exclusive of him) but never fully reached the heights of hype that was flying around the net about her.

What was the height of pre-movie Jyn hype? I ask because I avoided all discussions about the movie prior to the film's release. I know that some people were speculating that she'd turn out to be Rey's mom or Captain Phasma.

Jyn Erso is a beauty, but currently I have already pre-ordered so many firgues so I was hoping I could get her at some point next year though.

What was the height of pre-movie Jyn hype? I ask because I avoided all discussions about the movie prior to the film's release. I know that some people were speculating that she'd turn out to be Rey's mom or Captain Phasma.

The biggest one was that she'd be Rey's mother. Then initial rumors had her and Bodhi's character combined, so Galen had her defect to Saw. Another rumor was that she'd turn to the Empire because of her father's allegiance and then he'd help redeem her. It was all over the place before the film's release :lol

The biggest one was that she'd be Rey's mother. Then initial rumors had her and Bodhi's character combined, so Galen had her defect to Saw. Another rumor was that she'd turn to the Empire because of her father's allegiance and then he'd help redeem her. It was all over the place before the film's release [emoji38]
Yeah, the rumors and first trailer made it seem like a much darker story for her. It looked awesome. Unfortunately, the joke was on us, and Disney did their typical film formula for the most part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

However if you read / listen to Catalyst that's a great back story to the whole movie. Excellent first Anthology all together if you ask me.

The biggest one was that she'd be Rey's mother. Then initial rumors had her and Bodhi's character combined, so Galen had her defect to Saw. Another rumor was that she'd turn to the Empire because of her father's allegiance and then he'd help redeem her. It was all over the place before the film's release :lol

Interesting it actually never occurred to me from watching that teaser that that might have been her Imperial uniform *before* defecting to the Alliance.

Yeah, the rumors and first trailer made it seem like a much darker story for her. It looked awesome. Unfortunately, the joke was on us, and Disney did their typical film formula for the most part.

Yes instead of giving us a darker Jyn story we got the typical "her life sucks and then she dies" Disney formula oh so common among their animated stories and family films, lol.

;)

Interesting it actually never occurred to me from watching that teaser that that might have been her Imperial uniform *before* defecting to the Alliance.

Yes instead of giving us a darker Jyn story we got the typical "her life sucks and then she dies" Disney formula oh so common among their animated stories and family films, lol.

;)
Haha, well, I did say for the most part. Other than them dying, it still felt like a Marvel movie to me.

I'm just giving you a hard time man. :D

:duff

At least these characters will *stay* dead unlike Marvel, lol.
It's all good....Yes, very true, although I would have been happy if they kept Jyn around.

Do you mean you would have been okay simply knowing that she survived or would you rather she be alive specifically so that she could appear in additional movies?
I want her alive so that she could be in additional movies. I'd rather they do spin-offs with side characters, not the primaries, i.e. Han Solo.

I want her alive so that she could be in additional movies. I'd rather they do spin-offs with side characters, not the primaries, i.e. Han Solo.

Yes my heart would love to have a prequel or sequel to RO starring battle hardened Jyn in more adventures but my head says that it's best that she died because:

1. The exclamation point of her death immediately prior to Leia receiving the stolen plans adds a great deal of extra gravitas to ANH

and

2. Now they can't screw her up, lol

Yes my heart would love to have a prequel or sequel to RO starring battle hardened Jyn in more adventures but my head says that it's best that she died because:

1. The exclamation point of her death immediately prior to Leia receiving the stolen plans adds a great deal of extra gravitas to ANH

and

You underestimate their power ... I thought she signed on for a two movie deal.

and

True, but since many spin-offs are in the pipeline, it would have made more sense to keep her around. Maybe let her die with the Bothans in Rogue Two haha.

You underestimate their power ... I thought she signed on for a two movie deal.

Probably just to keep their options open especially when they never know how a film will truly end until all reshoots are completed. :D

True, but since many spin-offs are in the pipeline, it would have made more sense to keep her around. Maybe let her die with the Bothans in Rogue Two haha.

Yes they could have said that her estranged uncle was building the Second Death Star so the Rebels needed her again, lol.

Probably just to keep their options open especially when they never know how a film will truly end until all reshoots are completed. :D

Yes they could have said that her estranged uncle was building the Second Death Star so the Rebels needed her again, lol.

They could still do a prequel ... Rogue Zero - tracking Jyn's training with Saw, her abandonment leading to 'adventures' on the wrong side of the law ... ending with her in the imperial cell from the beginning of Rogue One lol. But yeh you must be correct in that she was supposed to survive in the early drafts.

They could still do a prequel ... Rogue Zero - tracking Jyn's training with Saw, her abandonment leading to 'adventures' on the wrong side of the law ... ending with her in the imperial cell from the beginning of Rogue One lol. But yeh you must be correct in that she was supposed to survive in the early drafts.

Read 'Rebel Rising'

Back