Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RoboCop2 is definitely not on the same level as 1. it got a bit cartoony in parts, and some of the characterisation was clumsy and simplistic (eg: the black mayor, old man johnson). most importantly it lost the razor-sharp satirical slant and verhoeven's commentary on corporate america, as well as his uniquely european view of americana. even the ultra-violence was a knowing wink at violence in hollywood films.

but having said all that, i really think part 2 is a solid robo movie. what i liked about it was the theme of murphy losing his humanity. it was a nice progression from the first film, where it was hanging by a thread. the sequel examined what it was like to be aware of your own humanity yet have it forcibly stripped away from you. murphy had to fight the "machine" in more ways than one. it wasn't exactly profound stuff, but i felt it gave the character a depth.

then there is Cain. hands down one of my favourite robot designs ever. that thing is badass to the core.

needless to say i cannot wait to see what hot toys is doing with him...

what i liked in Robocop 2 as well was the UC-M21. it looks like a plastic toy but with real bullets, one of my dream toy as a kid. :lol
600px-Boatman2.jpg

600px-Boatman3.jpg

I really like Robocop 2, it's not the same old material and they did a good job of making it different from Robocop 1.

Might have been even better if they added the deleted scenes!

RoboCop2 is definitely not on the same level as 1. it got a bit cartoony in parts, and some of the characterisation was clumsy and simplistic (eg: the black mayor, old man johnson). most importantly it lost the razor-sharp satirical slant and verhoeven's commentary on corporate america, as well as his uniquely european view of americana. even the ultra-violence was a knowing wink at violence in hollywood films.

but having said all that, i really think part 2 is a solid robo movie. what i liked about it was the theme of murphy losing his humanity. it was a nice progression from the first film, where it was hanging by a thread. the sequel examined what it was like to be aware of your own humanity yet have it forcibly stripped away from you. murphy had to fight the "machine" in more ways than one. it wasn't exactly profound stuff, but i felt it gave the character a depth.

then there is Cain. hands down one of my favourite robot designs ever. that thing is badass to the core.

needless to say i cannot wait to see what hot toys is doing with him...

:exactly: :goodpost: :yess:

I tried to sell my HT Robocop 3 figure on eBay but the winning bidder chnaged his mind as soon as the auction finished. What a nob. Didnt even apologise for wasting my time. And he made his last bid 55 mins before end time.

I tried to sell my HT Robocop 3 figure on eBay but the winning bidder chnaged his mind as soon as the auction finished. What a nob. Didnt even apologise for wasting my time. And he made his last bid 55 mins before end time.

I won't auction on eBay anymore, I always put them up Buy It Now & I never get a problem. The last 3 times I just got completely messed around. The last winning bidder I got, sent me an email to tell me that he'll come to my house & pick it up & pay cash & that he wanted a £40 discount? What the ____? After I clearly stated on description, Paypal only, no pick up & no offers. Theres more but anyway's, no more auctions.

I won't auction on eBay anymore, I always put them up Buy It Now & I never get a problem. The last 3 times I just got completely messed around. The last winning bidder I got, sent me an email to tell me that he'll come to my house & pick it up & pay cash & that he wanted a £40 discount? What the ____? After I clearly stated on description, Paypal only, no pick up & no offers. Theres more but anyway's, no more auctions.

higher fees with buy it now i think

Can’t wait for the new Robo, and CAIN! :panic:

I’m a bit worried about the fragile-looking legs on Cain though. But he's still one of my fav robot designs, and I’d pick one up in a heartbeat.

Having a "Robocop2" in the collection will be like a dream come true. Really looking forward to any diorama bases these figures may get. Maybe Cain will have a "New Detroit City" diorama with buildings, like in the scene where he was publically first introduced. Or something like in the scene where he emerges from the ground.

Any guesses what the "exclusive" version (if any) of Cain will get? Brain with eyes in the glass tube?

Need more info, Hot Toys! @_@

Last edited:
i watched Robocop last night for the first time in about 15 years. It still holds up really well!

But having watched Kamen Rider since i last saw Robocop i now see how much of a unoriginal idea Robocop is.

Are we there yet? :dunno

Come on HT let me give you my money! :rock

:exactly: ha, come on HT, I've been wanting to drop my cash on this, P2 & the 89 Batmobile but still no news. I'll be buying Cain to :yess:

I got $1200 here for 6 characters from X-Men First Class and essentially an unlimited amount for MGS (i'll buy them all)

HT just don't want to take my money :lol :cuckoo:

Planning on Murphy, Boddicker & maybe Cain (depending on price & timing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back