Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm pretty sure I know what the answer to my question will be before I even ask it (especially since I'm in this thread). Anyway, I'm looking to buy ONE Robocop for my collection. I can get the BD brand-new, shipped, for $257. I'm thinking about it; my only reservation is I kind of wanted the helmeted look, even though the head sculpt on this is so spot-on. I know I can eventually find a battle-damaged helmet head on eBay, but I think those sell for more than what I would want to pay.

I like the paint apps and detailing quite a bit on the BD vs. the bright shiny paint on the diecast Robo.

What do you guys suggest? If you could only have one Robo, which would it be? Should I go for this one, even though it doesn't have the BD helmet?

The obvious answer is both haha.

But of the two...if I could only keep one...
The Battle Damaged version. It has so much detail on the battle damaged armour...it is one of HT best sculpts (I've been saying it is a standard now) and has good accessories (Cobra assault rifle). You essentially get a lot of clean version (the amazing suit) but much much more. And while I love the diecast of the clean...it is true that once it is on display no one would know the difference.

If you have a sweet deal for the BD version (which you do by the looks of it) than get that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

The pre robocop Murphy is fantastically detailed. One of my favorites.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

6ed78b88ed0534041c9b40a50309b7a7.jpg
7e610359c4f4128a2fd1d814b2d48c2f.jpg

The Murphy is also amazing. To be honest...this is a set of figures that can each be had at a much cheaper price than retail. Even the ED209...I mod podged it right away and no problem. And I had it since release.

Thanks for the input guys. I think for now I will track down the clean Robo for my first one. Hopefully in the future I can get the BD. It is an amazing piece.

Thanks for the input guys. I think for now I will track down the clean Robo for my first one. Hopefully in the future I can get the BD. It is an amazing piece.

No, go BD. The clean is simply too silver. I was so unhappy with it I had it repainted. Plus, the BD reflects what the essence of Robocop is... ie the very human Murphy! Plus it's one of HT best 5 figures ever made.

No, go BD. The clean is simply too silver. I was so unhappy with it I had it repainted. Plus, the BD reflects what the essence of Robocop is... ie the very human Murphy! Plus it's one of HT best 5 figures ever made.

I actually really liked the paint of the Robocop. I find on display that it really pops. But I know that was a polarizing issue.

100% I agree with your assessment of the Battle Damaged version. It is an absolute masterpiece.

It is tough because the clean version is the "marketed" Robocop. It is the one on the cover of the movie...the OCP product out there to restore justice. And the Battle Damaged is his slight return to humanity. That's what I love about the 3 figures is that you can see the phases in which Murphy went through in the movie: human Murphy to Robocop and than back to Murphy (as a cyborg).

The movie is one of my top movies...probably my Favorite up there with The Empire Strikes Back, The Godfathers, The Terminator, Terminator 2 and Blade Runner.

144c0ab770695a8ffef315de9a58afe0.jpg

6834cd0b7ffdb295b076e94235f945d9.jpg
83dff842915523253cfa114ee1dab14d.jpg

760dca966b18576291162617dbb3c2ed.jpg

Has anyone convincingly posed their BD Robo twirling his gun?

All I know is that it is much easier to hold the gun with the Battle Damaged Robocop over the clean due to the hand finish. B/D has more of a matte look and (relatively) rougher feel than the shiny, slick rubber feel of the clean Robo.

I believe all the recent Robocop figures put out are masterpieces
(Yes even the ED209)...but the one flaw was that they should have had either a static gun holding hand or a hand where the griped hand and gun were one molded piece. Very hard to hold the gun properly.

This is an old pic I took of him trying to swirl the gun when I got him way back from HK

DSC_0832.jpg

Sweet pic leenart, that looks very convincing.

All I know is that it is much easier to hold the gun with the Battle Damaged Robocop over the clean due to the hand finish. B/D has more of a matte look and (relatively) rougher feel than the shiny, slick rubber feel of the clean Robo.

I believe all the recent Robocop figures put out are masterpieces
(Yes even the ED209)...but the one flaw was that they should have had either a static gun holding hand or a hand where the griped hand and gun were one molded piece. Very hard to hold the gun properly.
here's what i do: i use the shooting finger as a shelf/lever/i don't know how to call it. but all construction is upheld by that finger, luckily it isn't loose on any of my robocops bought from different places in different years, from the box or apart, so it should be the same for all robocops.
then i put other fingers around the gun handle, but they don't really hold it, just support it from turning side to side. but the horisontal position fully depends on shooting finger.
this way you can get a normal grip a little easier than by using all fingers to form a proper holding palm.

Man, I need a BD robo in my life - _ -

Sorry the link is not working, at least I can open it but couldn't see the photos, wonder if you mind posting them here?

Weird, they do show up for me.
anyways I uploaded them here for you.

DSC_0757.jpg
DSC_0766.jpg
DSC_0770.jpg
DSC_0774.jpg
DSC_0776.jpg
DSC_0780.jpg
DSC_0787.jpg
DSC_0802.jpg
DSC_0804.jpg