Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I'm certain that I want my next purchase to be Robocop. But which one?!

I feel like the clean version is more iconic with the helmet and all... But the battle-damaged sculpt is just so amazing!

Doesn't matter my friend, whichever you get, you'll be "certain your next purchase is a Robocop, once again" then you'll get the other one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

So I have the 1/6th MMS RoboCop--and similar to everyone else, my only complaint with that figure is the paint job.

I think the combination of BD Robo and Alex will be my next purchases.

I guess my question to you all is, do you think it's at all possible that Hot Toys could do the standard 1/6th Robo a better paint job in the future? Or do you think it will be a while before we say anymore RoboCop figures from them in the future?

Just one guy's opinion, but I'd be really surprised if they ever touched the license again. They've got SO much material to pick from with all the new licenses ... Star Wars, Marvel, DC ... properties that are going to be pumping out multiple fresh movies every single year for at least the next decade or more. I just don't see them returning to the classic 80s movies very much from here on. If they were to take another pass at a clean Robo, I can't see it happening for at least eight or ten years. If at all.

If the paint job is really a deal breaker for you, there are a couple of routes folks have taken: There have been some really nice custom re-paints done by some terrific painters on these boards (which is expensive, I know). And some folks have gotten a similar effect with lighting. It really is a great figure overall. The one issue is the paint. But I honestly doubt HT will revisit him in the near term. Especially since he didn't appear to sell very well.

Last edited:

and similar to everyone else, my only complaint with that figure is the paint job.
not to everyone else, i like the paint enough and don't understand how people who don't see major fails in other figures are so angry with this slight color mistake.
must be because the surface of the mistake was big enough for them to notice at least something :D

Yeah, I'm not bothered by the color either.

(I know it's heresy, but I actually kind of prefer the silver/gray to the blue/purple. Accuracy be damned!)

Just one guy's opinion, but I'd be really surprised if they ever touched the license again. They've got SO much material to pick from with all the new licenses ... Star Wars, Marvel, DC ... properties that are going to be pumping out multiple fresh movies every single year for at least the next decade or more. I just don't see them returning to the classic 80s movies very much from here on. If they were to take another pass at a clean Robo, I can't see it happening for at least eight or ten years. If at all.

If the paint job is really a deal breaker for you, there are a couple of routes folks have taken: There have been some really nice custom re-paints done by some terrific painters on these boards (which is expensive, I know). And some folks have gotten a similar effect with lighting. It really is a great figure overall. The one issue is the paint. But I honestly doubt HT will revisit him in the near term. Especially since he didn't appear to sell very well.

Man, that's going to be incredibly tragic if all we're going to get from Hot Toys is Marvel, DC and Star Wars stuff.

Also, the paint job on Robo wasn't a deal breaker for me. The diecast is still incredible--and it's just an all around amazing figure overall. I just prefer the deeper color from the film is all. It's just a shame that they got the look entirely correct on the battle damaged Robo.

My set arrived today, and wow! Absolutely perfect. Loving the battle damage details and the amazing sculpts. Drooling.. :drool :drool

These two arrived today, such a beautiful set - Love the die cast robo, but battle damage is just sooo perfect!:clap

unnamed.jpgaa.jpg

^ stealing this pose :duff :lol

Does the helmet fits a short haired hs?
I have an extra full uniform and might expose it helmeted.

It's just a shame that they got the look entirely correct on the battle damaged Robo.

Not quite, it's better than Chromocop, but still too silver, just that all the weathering tends to dampen the silver effect down.

Not quite, it's better than Chromocop, but still too silver, just that all the weathering tends to dampen the silver effect down.

nah its perfect.

Got mine today, awesome figure

DSC_0887.jpg

Back