Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Has anyone been able to pose him with both hands holding the Cannon? There's a stock pic of him holding it with two hands.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I was going to get the 2-pack, but when push came to shove I got just the Battle Damaged alone.

That said, am I the ONLY person who had the idea to put Bespin Lukes arm with the cut-off hand onto the Murphy figure to re-create his hand being blown off???

Hopefully the UK retailers have this guy in stock in the next couple of weeks, which I'm informed is looking likely. All these new pics are killing me a little bit. :(

You may be in luck dude. I've today had a despatch e-mail from Collectibles Direct. My 2-pack is en route and will be with me tomorrow!

Just wondering about posing him with the arm bent. Will this cause the rubber under the arm joint to actually break? Seems like someone else(can't remember who) posted a pic of the non battle damaged Robocop with rubber cracking because of this.

Has anyone been able to pose him with both hands holding the Cannon? There's a stock pic of him holding it with two hands.

Nah, man. tried that AND "get the Car", so where he´s cocking his Auto-9.
Articulation is very limited to the sides...

I haven't even applied the labels on the bottles........and I don't plan too!!

I haven't even applied the labels on the bottles........and I don't plan too!!

Why mate? They looks good
fc7c61f6057feb58f3611e6d6c506504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless another set of figures or figure from Hot Toys that will be released this year can be as good as this, I don't see why this cannot become the Hot Toys figure set of the year... The details from head to toe on the Robocop figure alone is amazing. Straight out of the movie!

Would the John Blake and Jim Gordon with Bat-Signal Set also be a contender?

I have both the Robocop and Bat-Signal sets waiting to be shipped soon at BBTS. Looking forward to unboxing them.

Funny, I was just about to post about the jars of baby food.
I knew they were 'off' somehow, so I researched it. The boy pictured on the HT stickers is a different boy, with a different facial expression, and the arrangement of the text is not film-accurate either. I looked at the bluray, and reconstructed the jar stickers to be much more film-accurate, including the text, and the two blue and one pink versions seen in the movie. (HT only gives us the blue version, and they're pretty bad; grainy, low-resolution, and not accurate at all.)

By the way- for those who don't know, I'm the guy who created the replacement upgrades for the ED-209 decals.
I'll be printing these sticker upgrades on paper peel-and-stick, or maybe very thin vinyl. Check out the comparison photos below, and tell me what you think-- feel free to pm me.
First, the Hot Toys stickers:
DSCF2443.JPG
DSCF2443 - Copy.JPG
Next, the movie stills for reference:
latest.jpgvlcsnap-2015-08-02-19h57m31s209.jpg
vlcsnap-2015-08-02-19h55m26s190.jpg
(this next shot shows that the baby face appears on the front AND back of the jars)
vlcsnap-2015-08-02-19h56m52s64.jpg
Finally, my digital reconstructions:
reduction.jpg

Last edited:

By the way- for those who don't know, I'm the guy who created the replacement upgrades for the ED-209 decals.
i do know and still don't know how to get them safely from you :)
and yes i'll be needing those stickers, too, if you're making a list.

I knew they were 'off' somehow, so I researched it. The boy pictured on the HT stickers is a different boy, with a different facial expression, and the arrangement of the text is not film-accurate either. I looked at the bluray, and reconstructed the jar stickers to be much more film-accurate, including the text, and the two blue and one pink versions seen in the movie. (HT only gives us the blue version, and they're pretty bad; grainy, low-resolution, and not accurate at all.)

I'll be printing these sticker upgrades on paper peel-and-stick, or maybe very thin vinyl. Check out the comparison photos below, and tell me what you think-- feel free to pm me.
View attachment 203088
View attachment 203089
View attachment 203090View attachment 203091
View attachment 203092
(this next shot shows that the baby face appears on the front AND back of the jars)
View attachment 203093
View attachment 203094

LOL!!! Very nicely done, and I wonder where you got those wordings?? I like the "Oily Stuff" and "Fatal warning"!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 203088
View attachment 203089
View attachment 203090View attachment 203091
View attachment 203092
View attachment 203093
View attachment 203094

I want it ! How much !? :D

attachment.php

I love your list of ingredients! Totally inspired and totally true to the biting satire of Robo1! :clap

"Discontinue use of this product immediately if your child has a fatal reaction" :rotfl

Reminds me of the line "Somebody get this guy an ambulance!" after ED-209 turns the boardmember into red paste.

Bravo, man. Bravo!

salute-o.gif

___

Heh, heh, heh... Thanks, I'm glad you like the text. I just made up all that stuff of course. There's no way to read what the actual text on the jars says in the movie, and it will be too small to read when printed in 1/6th scale. Mainly I tried to reproduce the physical arrangement, spacing, and length of the text lines accurately.
text close-up.jpg
Here's a better version. I'm still making some refinements and adjustments. I took some careful measurements to make sure the stickers will wrap around the jars as they should. The image below is only 1400 pixels in resolution, but the one I'm sending to the printer is 7000... the fine detail my printer guy produces is always excellent.
(I still can't believe how grainy the HT stickers are-- did they print them on an old Xerox machine at Kinkos?)
Baby Food - reduction.jpg

Last edited:

Heh, heh, heh... Thanks, I'm glad you like the text. I just made up all that stuff of course. There's no way to read what the actual text on the jars says in the movie, and it will be too small to read when printed in 1/6th scale. Mainly I tried to reproduce the physical arrangement, spacing, and length of the text lines accurately.

If 100% screen accuracy can't be achieved then go for the spirit of the film :lecture You've done that with aplomb.

Thank you sir. I'm considering buying some real jars of baby food, printing these labels in 1:1 scale, applying them to the jars, and selling a trio of them (blue, blue, pink) on ebay as 'Robocop babyfood' ... I noticed in the close-ups in the movie that the blue jars look like applesauce, while the pink jar looks like apricot.

Cool stuff Anthrapoid:clap

I picked up a few extra bits from one of the breakdowns and decided to add extra Baby food to my order, I tried t get a close up to see if the label actually says anything but I can't make it out if it does, also just a little info, the lid comes off for whatever that's worth.

20493086676_5446371431_b.jpg

19896666644_785ef26d5d_b.jpg

20332613589_bf36ef6a9b_b.jpg

A tiny little bit more accuracy than I require but well done :lol

I received my 2-pack a few days ago and whilst I haven't had much time to 'play' with them there's no doubt that this is the current No.1 contender for FOTY. Outstanding work HT!

Congrats man, agreed. :duff

I got my set a few weeks ago. I should open it up, make sure nothing's broken.

Back