Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

To avoid taking away credit from the other brilliant HT figures, I think I would not say it is Hottoys' best ever figure although I'm so much a Robo fan (that I used to walk like Robo for a while when I first saw the movie as a kid... ) But man... This thing does stands out a lot!!! It just look Robo Murphy alike in all possible angle!!! And the accessories are nicely picked to enhance displaying with the story line...

I think one of the reason it stand out so much, is Robo Murphy mainly shows kind of "emotion-less" in the movie when he was in this Battle Damaged state, so that we are more used to this facial expression and hence, less conflict to our memory from the movie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not saying other figures out there aren't amazing, their are tons a great figures, also not to say this is my favorite figure ether as their are other characters I hold closer to my heart, but having been collecting since the early 90's on and off I can tell you that this to me is pure gold, best looking action figure I have ever owned. This figure is as photorealistic as the man in the suit himself, in the right backdrop there would be no telling the toy from a screen shot, post that photo somewhere other than a toy forum and people would assume they were seeing the real deal I would think, of course this is only my opinion.

One of the reasons I say this is their is no real "tell" on the figure, that is to say because of the design, armored figure with a human face that has no sculpted hair which is usually your first sign its a toy, with that combo unless you pose it with the armpit joints extended or some other un-natural pose it is pretty much a near perfect 1:6 scale version of the on screen Robocop.

I do have a grip with the release though, they really should have added the sound feature with a few new lines like "looking for me" and "Murphy" and so on.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I have a question i have noticed onder the arm like some damage but i'm not sure if it is normal or real damage
can you help me please ? Robocop arm.jpg

I'm not saying other figures out there aren't amazing, their are tons a great figures, also not to say this is my favorite figure ether as their are other characters I hold closer to my heart, but having been collecting since the early 90's on and off I can tell you that this to me is pure gold, best looking action figure I have ever owned. This figure is as photorealistic as the man in the suit himself, in the right backdrop there would be no telling the toy from a screen shot, post that photo somewhere other than a toy forum and people would assume they were seeing the real deal I would think, of course this is only my opinion.

One of the reasons I say this is their is no real "tell" on the figure, that is to say because of the design, armored figure with a human face that has no sculpted hair which is usually your first sign its a toy, with that combo unless you pose it with the armpit joints extended or some other un-natural pose it is pretty much a near perfect 1:6 scale version of the on screen Robocop.

I do have a grip with the release though, they really should have added the sound feature with a few new lines like "looking for me" and "Murphy" and so on.

Yah I agree with you! This one is really a shocking piece.... You're right, no hair does help on top as well!!! Unfortunately I couldn't find much correct high resolution backdrop as you said... Even suffer to find a good and matching oil drum to lay out the baby food...

To me, I don't have a lot of figures so this is my favourite... [emoji16]

Also, your photo shows an amazing colour with the pearlescent effect too... Wish I got that in my display...

the collar for using it with helmeted head. ha! it was super easy.
the paint is drying so no robo head on it yet. but i checked it before painting the edge of medicine bottle cut, looks perfect.

Attachments

• Robo_Collar.jpg
    Robo_Collar.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 588

I have a question i have noticed onder the arm like some damage but i'm not sure if it is normal or real damage
can you help me please ?View attachment 200873

I'll check mine when I get home and let you know.

Looks fantastic, amazing pics Skull! :clap

Thanks buddy:)

Also, your photo shows an amazing colour with the pearlescent effect too... Wish I got that in my display...

Thanks, its dioder lights from Ikea;)

Finally got my space arranged and setup....
7dd73b2af10cb18b94f4329fa19add44.jpg
1d04d56943df301bf380f057accf002e.jpg
908e53594bdde9509be1b4f7224cc20b.jpg
8fc531a66f0a72a00ff9d71c615d0e6a.jpg
806c08dad932a9525fb7b2bf7bb5ffb3.jpg
c48bb8124d317e51dbf90a995c325160.jpg

I love it

Finally took the time to unbox this, I must say that this is without question Hot Toys best figure ever and I do mean ever, just freaking incredible to the point where words can't express how awesome this figure is, truly worthy of the term Masterpiece:thud:

Some quick right out of the box pics

19532245973_e1cc54238d_b.jpg

20153226395_401a79d990_b.jpg

19532253873_410ea12999_b.jpg

20158809331_09b650de3c_b.jpg

19965227760_0640ab96bb_b.jpg

20158820501_e52cb61f75_b.jpg

Holy Son-of-a!! Fantastic shots of a fantastic figure!

how heavy is this guy? Do I need to worry about reinforcing a shelf? LOL and thanks

how heavy is this guy? Do I need to worry about reinforcing a shelf? LOL and thanks

Depends how weak your shelves are haha, but no i wouldnt think so. The term "heavy" never crossed my mind when handling him.

I do have a gripe with the release though, they really should have added the sound feature with a few new lines like "looking for me" and "Murphy" and so on.

That's the beauty of having both the clean and this. You can swap out parts and pretty much have any posing option you want. BD with BD helmet. You can even swap out the arms and legs and have a talking BD Robo.

Holy Son-of-a!! Fantastic shots of a fantastic figure!

That's the beauty of having both the clean and this. You can swap out parts and pretty much have any posing option you want. BD with BD helmet. You can even swap out the arms and legs and have a talking BD Robo.

Very true, though I'm not to keen on popping arms and legs off as I've seen some folks with broken sockets.

Finally got mine today... Absolutely love it! Perfect set! Also, it's my first Hot Toys Robocop figure in 9 yrs...lol.. The only other Robocop figure that I've had from Hot Toys is their first ever Robocop figure that I got in 2006.. Color of the armor looks way off between the classic MMS Robo and the battle damaged Robo..

19552574574_2a758cdb05_b.jpg

Headsculpt on both Murphy and Robocop is just phenomenal!

19554433113_783809f5f2_b.jpg

They spared no expense in recreating Weller's look underneath the helmet! Insane details.... So creepy, so lifelike....

19987390990_4925f37b63_b.jpg

Last edited:

can you help me please ?View attachment 200873

To the skull ..thanks friend most appriciated

I just checked and I do not have that damage on the armpit, sorry to say:(

I received this set 2 weeks ago. I was amazed. My only complain on the BD robo is: Why there is no scratch marks or bullet holes in his abdominal area? Damaged on the chest, arm, shoulder and thigh only? Looks like the bad guys just shot at the silver area only.

Back