Hot Toys Retailer Recommendations/ Experiences/ Horror Stories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate those prices are what official UK Sideshow/Hot Toys sellers have to sell for most the time we are paying more trade price than you can buy these from China with shipping. The only way to sell than cheaper is to grey import them. If i can guarantee pre sales then i would sell for less and order more.

I have argued and shouted at Sideshows UK distributor for years over the prices.The only way you can charge less is to sell them in advance in quantity. Im only a small shop so i can't afford to buy more than 6 at a time.

I have sold Hot Toys since Rambo was first offered and we sold him for £69.99 if i remember right.Sideshow UK have continously raised the price over the years. Now that model Zone has gone there will be a lot less actual UK shops selling these.

What is your shop called in the UK?

Use One Sixth Bruce all the time. Works out cheaper than ordering from Sideshow HOWEVER not much and you will get things sometimes months prior from SS.

Take Loki for example, that's either just got to OSB or due shortly and I got mine from SSC 16th May for $220 after the $25 discount offer (there is always some offer on now n then), that's about £145 and I got a £45 FedEx customs fee, total £190. OSB was charging £155 shipped. SSC in the end was £35 more but 3-4 months sooner... It's not a lot more and man the wait in the UK is a killer..!

Mate those prices are what official UK Sideshow/Hot Toys sellers have to sell for most the time we are paying more trade price than you can buy these from China with shipping. The only way to sell than cheaper is to grey import them. If i can guarantee pre sales then i would sell for less and order more.

I have argued and shouted at Sideshows UK distributor for years over the prices.The only way you can charge less is to sell them in advance in quantity. Im only a small shop so i can't afford to buy more than 6 at a time.

I have sold Hot Toys since Rambo was first offered and we sold him for £69.99 if i remember right.Sideshow UK have continously raised the price over the years. Now that model Zone has gone there will be a lot less actual UK shops selling these.

Ok, sorry I didn't see this sooner, I don't how you misconstrued my post, but let me ask you something.

Forbidden Planet online has the Dx 11 for £199 + Shipping
Toy HQ has the DX 11 for £209 + Shipping
The Forbidden Planet store in Glasgow has the DX 11 for £210
Discontoys has the DX 11 for £249 + shipping

If someone in the UK is looking to buy a DX 11 right now who do you think they are gonna buy it from?

I just posted in this thread to recommend discontoys because I never saw them mentioned on this board before, they have a bunch of stuff other sellers have sold out of, but if other sellers do have the stock then it CAN BE PRICEY.

Some other Uk places to buy Hot Toys:

One Sixth Bruce
The Good The Bad and The Robot
Collectable Kitbash
Discontoys
Collectables Direct
ToyHQ
Why So Serious?
Mothers Basement
Forbidden Planet
Direct Collectables
Ebay

It's not really hard to buy these things, hell I've only used the first 4 on the list, all transactions have been flawless and awesome, but I can't support everyone who decided to turn this hobby into a business and if one of them has the better deal on what I'm looking for, when I'm looking for it, I'm not going to think twice about where I buy it.

I really don't know what else to say, the prices go up because these are niche luxury imported items and we are in a recession, there is a bunch of competition, it's sink or swim, if you can't compete get out of the water. :dunno

Thanks for the UK seller list.

I sort in the sellers. Those who display Out-of-stock products, I don't bother with. WTF! If you don't have it, don't flash it It's very simple. I'm don't wanna get all giddy just to found out that I've been had.
Display what you have and I don't mind paying a little extra, if I can find the product fast and they offer good service.

Philippines (even though I only know a few Filipino lurkers here :lol):

A+ CS (I personally know the owners, great chaps):
- MaxiCollector Toys & Collectibles, aka Heroes Concept Store
- Toy Empire

Other stores I've bought from:
- Neverland Toys, aka Theaterworks Collectibles
- R-Toys

I've never had problems with Neverland Toys, but a lot of other buyers
have had their PO's cancelled due to cut-offs from HT.

Having run through the list of UK sellers, my favorites are:
Discontoys
Collectablekitbash
Mother's Basement
Toy HQ

All have very easy to navigate sites and collectablekitbash also has a shipping quote.

Hey, not sure if it's appropriate to ask this here. But I noticed that SuperPowerCollectibles no longer lists Hot Toys. Does anybody know what happened? I tried to contact them, but I think they're busy because it's FanExpo in Toronto right now.

I have a pre-order with them, and just wanted to make sure it'll be fulfilled.

Hey, not sure if it's appropriate to ask this here. But I noticed that SuperPowerCollectibles no longer lists Hot Toys. Does anybody know what happened? I tried to contact them, but I think they're busy because it's FanExpo in Toronto right now.

I have a pre-order with them, and just wanted to make sure it'll be fulfilled.

maybe their account got cancelled or they couldn't afford it anymore

I'm from Portugal. I had some good experiences with this stores:

Archonia(Belgium)
Lacitedesnuages(Belgium)
Collectiblesmarpetoys(Spain)
Mothersbasement(UK)

TOYHQ (UK) have great prices,but they charged me 45 £/ 70$ for shipping to Portugal ( 1 Hot Toys Dx08 ). Other UK stores have better shipping quotes ( Shipping to Portugal). Other than that, it was great experience.

Here in Houston (TX, obviously) there are a few B&M comic shops that carry Hot Toys.

Bedrock City - (they're a local chain, I think they have 5-6 locations spread across the city by now), they generally get a decent amount of HT, but they have to spread them across all their locations so most only get 3-4 per store tops. They always charge only retail price at release, which is great. If they get an older figure in, they're slightly more but never anything exhorbitant.

Nan's - More of a gaming store, but they carry a lot of figures. Decently priced, but they don't carry too many HT figs. I've only ever seen 1 or 2 there.

Third Planet - They carry pretty much everything, but they tend to charge out the *** for their stuff.

Here in Houston (TX, obviously) there are a few B&M comic shops that carry Hot Toys.

Bedrock City - (they're a local chain, I think they have 5-6 locations spread across the city by now), they generally get a decent amount of HT, but they have to spread them across all their locations so most only get 3-4 per store tops. They always charge only retail price at release, which is great. If they get an older figure in, they're slightly more but never anything exhorbitant.

Nan's - More of a gaming store, but they carry a lot of figures. Decently priced, but they don't carry too many HT figs. I've only ever seen 1 or 2 there.

Third Planet - They carry pretty much everything, but they tend to charge out the *** for their stuff.

@ Cr0w - Okay.... Off topic but I simply got to ask..... What's with the Ostrich sig? Always was curious about it......

I'm from Portugal. I had some good experiences with this stores:

Archonia(Belgium)
Lacitedesnuages(Belgium)
Collectiblesmarpetoys(Spain)
Mothersbasement(UK)

TOYHQ (UK) have great prices,but they charged me 45 £/ 70$ for shipping to Portugal ( 1 Hot Toys Dx08 ). Other UK stores have better shipping quotes ( Shipping to Portugal). Other than that, it was great experience.

Hey, that list looks familiar. I get my comics and some anime stuff from Archonia (good prices and lots of Asian items hard to find in the EU) and Lacite have a nice selection of 1/6 brands like Asmus.

Back