Hot Toys reissue Iron man 2 Mark 6 *Plastic*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were there ever any new pictures of the Shanghai Mk6 or 4? Like blogger pics? Or pictures where the person tried just a little to take a nice pic? All I ever saw were a few potato cam un-boxing pictures.

Were there ever any new pictures of the Shanghai Mk6 or 4? Like blogger pics? Or pictures where the person tried just a little to take a nice pic? All I ever saw were a few potato cam un-boxing pictures.
Sometimes we don't get blogger pics of these kind of figures. I'm really not sure why :dunno

The recent convention figures didn't get any blogger photos, like Arkham Joker, Knightmare Batman etc..

I have the Diecast version on pre-order and I'll stick with that, but I do think at the price the plastic one is a nice option.

The "pink panties" of the first release seems to be a concern, but my guess is that won't be an issue with this one as I would hope they apply what they have learned in how the figures are manufactured to this one. What keeps me from going for the plastic one (I really don't care about diecast for diecast sake) is the lack of accessories and the fact the proportions seem different. The plastic one just looks skinnier, especially around the waist. Is it just me, or are the proportions really different?

All the HT IMs are pretty skinny, but I'm sure the newer diecast mk6 will be a bit bigger in overall size, just like the new diecast WM mk1 compared to the plastic one.

Someone needs to take a making a thread title class :lol

Interesting to see this and the MK4 pop up on SSC. I'm still wondering if we'll see a MKVII Diecast soon too

Jesus christ, cant believe someone can get 42000+ posts by replying in emoji ... have you seen the sunlight in last couple years?

They should start by reissuing the 7piece set hall of armor , i wasnt collecting when it first went up for sale, with all these reissues and dicast editions of the first 7 suits the hall of armor 2.0 should be next, but i really hate 2.0 and reissues as a collector, but that kind of seems to have gone out the window with ironman

I wish they would keep the HOA in stock all the time. Unfortunately they didn't sell really well.

I wish they would keep the HOA in stock all the time. Unfortunately they didn't sell really well.

I think it would've been neat if all of the house party armors came with a sturdy cardboard background. Just something to go around the figure/base, not something that is stackable. I think the same could've been done for the hall of armor setup.

What was the second version made out of? Looks like styrofoam in the pictures.
902241-hall-of-armor-house-party-protocol-version-011.jpg

It's not exactly styrofoam but it is extruded foam. It's light weight and very durable. Makes stacking them with the figures safer then a thick plastic.

It's not exactly styrofoam but it is extruded foam. It's light weight and very durable. Makes stacking them with the figures safer then a thick plastic.

Shouldn't be that expensive to make then, particularly in large quantities (true of most things). Of course I'm not counting the plastic base, and it looks like a few other plastic pieces and lights that were added on. I once worked in a plant which made those styrofoam packing pieces that come in all those unique shapes made to fit specifically around various products when boxed. I'm not trying to assume too much about all that goes into making these (or the first version), but my guess is they are cheaper to make than the first version. Maybe they would have a better chance of another run than the first version.

Too bad they just couldn't have included them with each Iron Man figure, particularly House Party figures from Iron Man 3. The cost of the plastic stand would have already been cut because the figure comes with a stand anyway and so the cost would have been pretty comparable to just some extra packing material (and size of the over all box). Again, not to assume that it's no big deal to add that cost, but it may have been doable. At the same time, I am sure they thought they could make more by selling them individually than by throwing them in with the figures at a slightly higher price even if it could be justified cost wise, and I can't blame them for that.

Yeah the foam isn't super expensive but it's not exactly the same as the packing foam processs. Most of that is large pieces cut to specific shapes and that's it. These are done a little different and also have small areas in the inner part. And it does have the HPP style base as well as lights. They sold them for 60-70 bucks when sideshow had them. I would guess that in raw material and man hours they cost 20-30bucks tops. But there's licinesing cost and overhead. Probably 50% ish profit margin. Which may sound like a lot but it's really not. Especially for a product that did not sell well.

Back