1/6 Hot Toys: R4-I9 - (Star Wars) A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C7404E4A-BB34-4532-8483-A374753A5D81.jpegimage.jpg

I want this one

But I’ll probably buy that one ��

Sorry can’t get the photos to ever go straight

[...]

Anyway, a green-and-white repaint would definitely pop on the shelf more.

I don't see myself getting this, but the green & white from the Tantive IV scene would be more difficult to dismiss. This is all hand-waving anyway -- I don't see this getting produced.

I love Astromechs. I’d order and pay for this right now. I’m actually shocked SSC didn’t bother really hitting those R2 variants like this. I have a feeling he’ll have less bells and whistles than R2-D2 and probably be around $175

I’d rather see them make the Battle droids from AOTC instead of useless droids that are just there for background in the films

I hate to be that guy, but as a total astromech geek, I must, heh.:wink1: That shot is actually from a deleted scene/alternate take, which was never in the film. I9 is visible in ANH, although very briefly, and he almost blends into the background. He can be seen rolling by in the Yavin hangar during the scene where Han is loading his "reward" onto the transport, and Luke begins to chastise him.

Kind of surprised they went with this one first over R4-M9, but glad to see even obscure droids aren't out of the realm of possibility. Gimme more!

What's really funny is that in ANH, astromechs could be rebel or Imperial regardless of color, but then someone decided that in ESB and ROTJ that the Empire had black droids and the rebels did not. So there's lots of villainous-black "Empire-ish" droids working for the rebels in ANH.

Wonder if they repainted the same droid for various scenes, or did they built each color?

(green/white, red/white, black)

How could hot toys not have a Tusken raider yet? My favorite character design from the original trilogy.

Back