Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine also has the screen-accurate saggy feet. I noticed it soon after removing him from the box. I was a bit annoyed at first and almost asked for an exchange - but it’s not very noticeable on the shelf. 705F6B80-2F00-4A48-A57B-AB337C2E631B.jpg

The thing that worries me more is how fragile his ankle joints feel - they seem to be made out of quite brittle plastic. Handle with care!

Mine also has the screen-accurate saggy feet. I noticed it soon after removing him from the box. I was a bit annoyed at first and almost asked for an exchange - but it?s not very noticeable on the shelf. View attachment 476899

I notice it because I know it's there. While he otherwise looks so much better than Sideshow's version, I marvel at how square the legs on the Sideshow are, and how flat his feet are. :lol

I think the problem is in the leg itself as the left one is a little further away from the base of the body.

Using a HT snow or sand base would probably disguise it.

When I look at my TFA version it doesn?t sag like this picture. I?ll need to compare the two when I get this version...

Mine also has the screen-accurate saggy feet. I noticed it soon after removing him from the box. I was a bit annoyed at first and almost asked for an exchange - but it?s not very noticeable on the shelf. View attachment 476899

My guess is that this is either a designed thing or a widespread problem affecting many of these. Mine should be here next week so will be interesting to see if it has this off-flat feet issue... or "feature."

Maybe it would work to stick his leg in hot water, then wedge him between two heavy objects so it's stays straight when cold?

I had to reshape two bent legs with hot water on the Mr. Z Great Dane that arrived yesterday.

My guess is that this is either a designed thing or a widespread problem affecting many of these. Mine should be here next week so will be interesting to see if it has this off-flat feet issue... or "feature."

If mine is off, I am returning it. No way a $300 droid after tax and shipping should sag.

Did you guys not see the photo ref I supplied about the actual movie R2 sagging as well.

And frog, you really have to stop sending stuff back, people are getting angry that they are getting all your returns.

Yeah I really don't see what the problem is. My figure doesn't appear to have it, but it wouldn't bother me if they did, as the feet were rarely perfectly straight in the movies and it would just make it look even more accurate to the prop.

Did you guys not see the photo ref I supplied about the actual movie R2 sagging as well.

And frog, you really have to stop sending stuff back, people are getting angry that they are getting all your returns.

Trying to return the wife as we speak.

I saw the ref pic, that's why I said it might be a designed thing. Unlikely, but possible.

Thats why I love you freaks. I would have never caught the saggy droid feet. Now that I see it- I cannot unsee it.

It's been a while since I unboxed a 1/6th scale figure. It's always good to open up one from the Star Wars original trilogy! This R2-D2 Deluxe set is a nice package from Hot Toys!

IMG_2126c.jpg

Back