Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I have both and they look fine together. In fact R5 still comes across a tiny bit bigger because of that head of his.

If you get the chance, can you please take of pic of them. I'm contemplating getting an R5 with this R2 and your image may make me pull the trigger.

So is this ANH R2-D2 or ESB? Or both? Or an all around OT Artoo?

Mostly all around with all of the gadgets, since he comes with a lightsaber for RotJ and lamp for ESB. But he does not have the drink tray from RotJ. I guess that's kind of the only missing thing for a complete OT R2?

Mostly all around with all of the gadgets, since he comes with a lightsaber for RotJ and lamp for ESB. But he does not have the drink tray from RotJ. I guess that's kind of the only missing thing for a complete OT R2?

Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

If you get the chance, can you please take of pic of them. I'm contemplating getting an R5 with this R2 and your image may make me pull the trigger.

Here you go. The body on R2 is a bit taller and wider (like it's supposed to be), but even when they're directly next to each other the difference seems pretty minimal to me.

20191230_181158 (2).jpg

20191230_181317 (2).jpg

20191230_181339 (2).jpg

Did you disconnect the holo projector? I thought that was always on with the other lights.

Also, great photos!

Yeah forgot to mention that. I opened up the head and pulled out all the projector lights since I was getting tired of being blinded by them. :D I just wrapped them with electrical tape to hide the light though, in case I decide to reinstall them at some point.

Did you try to switch wires to have the projectors light up on the second tap?

Yeah forgot to mention that. I opened up the head and pulled out all the projector lights since I was getting tired of being blinded by them. :D I just wrapped them with electrical tape to hide the light though, in case I decide to reinstall them at some point.

No didn't think to try that. But it's a mess of wires and hard to get to the circuit board to start with.

Just a note to anyone thinking of doing the same thing, in order to pull the dome off you first need to angle the blue side panels up, as they're hooked to the lower piece.

Is this mod difficult to do?

I don’t know what’s more frustrating- the wait for this guy or the fact that sideshow keeps lying to me about how they “haven’t gotten him in yet” Just fed up and say you didn’t have enough to fulfill your pre orders...

Back