Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been on and off the fence with this figure. Don’t have the others but at the same time it’s $350 Canadian. Truthfully there’s nothing on the HT catalog that interests me enough to dish out money. But as a collector it’s naturally in me to generate excitement and anticipation for something

I know I've already said my piece about this one, but I feel like I should revisit this and say "Pass on this one", and if you want a Deluxe R2, go with Sideshow's.

This one isn't worth the $80 premium for a die-cast dome. Both figures have the same drawbacks (the tools in the dome and the inability to control the lights), but for value, the SSC version takes the cake, as it includes the drink tray and Obi-Wan's table.

I'm hoping the dome can be taken apart not to difficultly and the wire removed from the projector. I have no need to light up the projector.

[...]
This one isn't worth the $80 premium for a die-cast dome. [...]

To each their own, I?ve owned SSC, HT (TFA version) and the Tama ... for me the metal dome is the make or break point.

I also like the colour on this one (from what I?ve seen online) as it?s not as yellow as TFA R2.

As for the price...well that?s hard to argue with in the sense that 1:6 prices have jumped the shark across the board.

I look at my diecast Mark 7 that just came in and sure, I love it but the price makes me flinch, and regular figures aren?t much better. :dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received a voucher for Popcultcha from my family. Seriously thinking of selling my SSC to pick this up. I was teetering on the Chogokin R2 to go with my C-3PO, but this just seems that little bit nicer with the metallic dome and accessories galore.

Received a voucher for Popcultcha from my family. Seriously thinking of selling my SSC to pick this up. I was teetering on the Chogokin R2 to go with my C-3PO, but this just seems that little bit nicer with the metallic dome and accessories galore.

My local Gamesworld has a couple of those Chogokin R2's, but the damn things never go on sale. I waited, but I ended up buying my SSC R2 from Go Figure Collectables for about $100.

Still on the fence for this. I have the TFA version, which looks great. Part of me wants this to show with all the accessories. Part of me thinks Hot Toys will double dip when 3PO eventually comes out - but will it have all the accessories? Who knows.

Back