1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't buy the different heights being a mandate. R2 has come in multiple different sizes and Hot Toys and Sideshow have made embarrassing mistakes when it comes to scale to selectively put the blame on Lucasfilm for some.

I'll be using a $20 code that I have on this figure. Brings the price down to $200, which is a little better. I figured he might be around $200 - $220 once I saw he had a die cast dome, lights and sounds. Plus Yoda was already at the $200 mark. But even though he didn't use any extra arms or parts in the movie, I still think they should have included some basic parts.

I hope C-3PO is the next figure they announce. I would've preferred they reveal them both at the same time, and also make them as a set. Really looking forward to him.

I'll probably be down for an OT set of the droids too. Wish they came first, but still glad to have TFA versions as well.

Looks nothing like Kenny Baker. Easy pass.

Jk, instant preorder. IDGAF.

I'll be using a $20 code that I have on this figure. Brings the price down to $200, which is a little better. I figured he might be around $200 - $220 once I saw he had a die cast dome, lights and sounds. Plus Yoda was already at the $200 mark. But even though he didn't use any extra arms or parts in the movie, I still think they should have included some basic parts.

This is a dead giveaway that they'll do more versions of him. Probably $250 for some kind of deluxe version. And then others around this price point that are scene specific (Dagobah) and maybe don't have too many accessories.

Or maybe you're just plain wrong.

Oh no-no-no-no.... Disney Marketing's Opinion Police. They're back.

Um... what I meant to say is I LOVE it! Hot Toys is STUNNING. And I... LOVED the movie. Every single character, every single moment. This HT R2 looks INCREDIBLE. I WILL buy it.

:yess::fireworks

Please, just.... don't write that ticket. Please. My Disney Marketing parole period is over at the end of the month, and I CAN'T get another conviction.:pray:

Oh no-no-no-no.... Disney Marketing's Opinion Police. They're back.

Um... what I meant to say is I LOVE it! Hot Toys is STUNNING. And I... LOVED the movie. Every single character, every single moment. This HT R2 looks INCREDIBLE. I WILL buy it.:fireworks

Please, just.... don't write that ticket. Please. My Disney Marketing parole period is over at the end of the month, and I CAN'T get another conviction.:pray:

Hahahaha Disney Marketing parole period.

Figure looks great. This thing is a long way off, and like everyone who lost their s$$t over Vader and Rey not including light sabers, don't panic. This is day 1. I suspect some gimmicks for this little guy are in the mail.

It's up for pre-order https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-r2-d2-hot-toys-902800/ $219.99 price is a little high, but I think the LED lights and remote sound controller.

R2-D2 is one of my all-time favorites, so the price is not an issue for me in this case. That wait, however, really depresses me. I can't imagine why they would need all of that time to perfect a figure that was fare enough along to be shown at SDCC last July. Along with there high prices, this type of stuff is what keeps me from pulling the trigger on a lot of Hot Toys figures. So many of the characters I want the most are so just too far down the road for me to really be able to strategize how I'll be able to purchase them.

The C3PO HT had at SDCC had interchangable red and gold arm.

Lies!

5dde4e90-a515-0134-1940-060e3e89e053.gif

I'm kidding, I 'saw' it too.

The C3PO HT had at SDCC had interchangable red and gold arm.

Probably to match the look of C3PO at the end of the movie. It won't be to match him with the OT version. He would also be missing his silver leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This release looks disappointing to me. I'm going to stick with my SSC in the hope that Tamashi put there R2 into production. From the proto pics the scale on their R2 looks perfect! And it will be a true "dye cast" figure.

Price of an R2 over $200 kinda shocked me for some reason. Looks great, will have to decide if want.

I remember tossing up as to whether I might buy Medicom's puny, bare-boned $220+ R2 from 6/7 years ago. That memory is a great enabler.

The SS version is 171.45mm, this new HT version is 180mm... 8.55 milimeters might not sound like much, but I think it's just the increase that was needed, at least to be in proper scale with my Tamishi 3-PO. That, the lights, sound, and METAL DOME makes this an instant buy for me. I get to wait one year INSTANTLY!!!

Back