1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's three versions of R2 in the OT.

So there's room for SS R2, HT R2 and Tama R2... clean, dirty and Barge slave.

Yeah, I seem to be the only one who used that drinks tray. It's awesome (the robot arm is articulated and the glasses are removable,) and it perfectly hides the slight undersize issue with the figure.

Yeah, I seem to be the only one who used that drinks tray. It's awesome (the robot arm is articulated and the glasses are removable,) and it perfectly hides the slight undersize issue with the figure.

Mine's been like that for a while now too. Really looks great. Nothing else in my display is ROTJ (except, Boba, and I don't even like him!). Still in the back of my mind I know I only need one. Will have to see if some of the SS accessories work though. Otherwise I'll hang on to two.

image.jpg

Yeah, that dome sheen just nails realism. Almost could pass for a full size R2.:clap

This looked incredible today at celebration. After seeing this and the metal tamashi in person I feel this looks much nicer and the weathered paint was great. Ill.try to post pics at some point but they're from my phone and through glass so the glare was killer.

Did you get a sense of the scale between the two? If the HT was as big as SS or the Tama? I'm sure they weren't close enough but still.

Man it looks amazing there. If the scale is right, I'm definitely replacing my SSC R2 with this one!

The scale is hard to judge. They had it next to the tfa 3po.which looks nice. Paint on 3po was somewhere in between the tamashi and sideshow. No where near as pristine as the metal tamashi, but more gold and less weathered than Sideshow. The weathering on R2 was great

here's a few pics.. Glare from glass case was bad, and sorry but my pics aren't posting right..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks for the pictures loki! I want them to put Threepio up for preorder soon.

yeah, thanks for the pics!!!

I think the scale remains an issue: c3po and r2 look great together, but 3po is quite smaller than Luke. This is a bit of a mess:

Either we have a too tall Luke (just like DX07), or both too small 3po and R2.

Maybe it's just a SSC sized R2, at the worst.

I am so eager to know, haha I could pay for a perfect side by side picture of SSC, Tama and HT R2!!

yeah, thanks for the pics!!!

I think the scale remains an issue: c3po and r2 look great together, but 3po is quite smaller than Luke. This is a bit of a mess:

Either we have a too tall Luke (just like DX07), or both too small 3po and R2.

Maybe it's just a SSC sized R2, at the worst.

I am so eager to know, haha I could pay for a perfect side by side picture of SSC, Tama and HT R2!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back