Hot Toys QS003???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll probably be IM, since it's a sure seller. I'm still holding out for the Police Shootout Terminator they teased almost two years ago. The 1/6 release doesn't truly qualify as the exact same figure. When the 1/6 first surfaced for pre-order, it was the tanker truck head that was billed as the primary head and the police station head as the secondary head. As time went on, it flipped. Since the clothing is BD, they can still make the clean look, which is exactly what everyone is trying to do with the 1/6 BD. Do I not speak the truth?

Personally, I believe that upcoming 1/4 scale figures would be Darth Vader, Boba Fett and Jungle Hunter Predator. Those to me would seem likely, though I know Hot toys has such a love of Iron Man. The thing about Iron Man is that it seems they are trending towards rereleased of the main suits (Mark 3) in diecast. So maybe they will stick with that for now instead of making a 1/4 scale figure.

Now, ok. So why Darth Vader? Vader is the most recognizable, known Star Wars character. With the new Star Wars license, I'm sure hot toys would like to make the definitive Vader. Sideshow recently released the Darth Vader Deluxe 1/6th scale figure and while it isn't perfect, I believe it is pretty darn good. I have it and love it. So I think a 1/6th scale Hot Toys Vader wouldn't really give people that Bang Pow!! fireworks feeling seeing a preview picture as would a 1/4 scale Vader since a pretty decent Vader 1/6th scale has already been around and is most likely posed in the detolf of most collectors. Also, it would be a classy move to not upstage SS and to also not make us feel like our old 1/6th scale Vader is crap (assuming the Hot Toys version is better). A 1/4 scale figure Vader would really set Hot Toys apart and I think would draw more than just the average collector. So 1/4 Vader...not only cool and amazing but in my opionion very much needed.

So why Boba Fett? Well he is the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy haha!!! Boba Fett is easily one of the most popular SW characters. He has little screen time and few lines, but this guy looks so badass. His design is part medieval knight, part space man, part outlaw and all bounty hunter. He also has a SS 1/6th scale figure so the same rational applies here as did with the Vader. There isnt a 1/4 scale of this guy and it is a sin...get it done.
"What if this concept of a 1/4 scale Boba Fett doesn't survive, he's worth a lot to me" (said in original Fett voice).

Ok and lastly...why the Jungle Hunter Predator?
So I had this post a while back saying that I find you would get less buyers of a JH Pred version 2 as the classic looks so much like the original predator. Needless to say, I got a lot of flak for it (and rightly so). But again...it is just that Bang, Pow wow factor. Would I personally buy a Pred jungle hunter version 2....No, no I wouldn't. I have my Classic and bought it for the reason that it looked alot like the Predator I know and love depicted in the '87 film. I did not buy it because I liked Predators hahaha. And yeah ive outfitted him with some extra pieces here and there and the figure looks stunning. So, im a collector and love Predator 1...wouldnt buy the 1/6th scale version 2. Just saying... But a 1/4 scale....you betcha. 1/4 scale of the Predator that made the '87 movie a classic and helped spawn so many sequels, cross-overs, comics, toys, games ect... Yeah.... i'd buy that for a dollar.

And, hahaha....a personal want but know it wont be made. 1/4 scale Robocop. I'd also buy that for a dollar.

I've just found this thread. Do you guys think we'll ever see HT ledger joker any time soon?

I'd love a 1/4 ht robocop

Already covered by EB.

Unless HT gives us a BD version in 1/4 with a Weller HS!

If rumors are to be taken seriously, why not? Isn't Weller like, crazy expensive to get his likeness rights or something?

They should capitalize on that!

Back