Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, another one bites the dust. Sideshow got back to me about my request for a refund as my endo arrived with paint damage, and they've asked me to destroy it. This will be the second figure I have to destroy at Sideshow's request.

mine came in today. guess what? another broken item...pfff...fixed the footh and pistons. the jaw piece wasn't anywhere to be found. this **** is killing me. 5th item that came in damaged from Sideshow. making me sick...

1179vme.jpg

2uy1z5j.jpg

Are you retarded? Just pop the foot back on, it's a ball joint - it's not broken. The little piston rods just slip into their sockets. I'm assuming you're not very bright if you couldn't figure that out on your own.
The jaw piece being missing, that does suck, but considering how little intelligence you've displayed (so far), I'm willing to bet you just broke or lost that on your own, and are just blaming hot toys/sideshow.

Are you retarded? Just pop the foot back on, it's a ball joint - it's not broken. The little piston rods just slip into their sockets. I'm assuming you're not very bright if you couldn't figure that out on your own.
The jaw piece being missing, that does suck, but considering how little intelligence you've displayed (so far), I'm willing to bet you just broke or lost that on your own, and are just blaming hot toys/sideshow.

What's your malfunction???

benice.jpg

What's your malfunction???

Whiners..."wah wah wah"
People who look for sympathy when the problem is *them*.

He claims to have gotten 5 things IN A ROW* from sideshow that have all been broken... Do you seriously believe his luck is that bad, or is there, just maybe--something else going on here? :dance

I order A LOT of collectible crap, and QC problems do happen, but not at that rate/frequency... and again, I know he said he fixed it, but a ball joint needing to be popped on is not something to go crying about on a forum.
If he's that inept, then I doubt the legitimacy of his other claims.

(*he didn't say 5 in a row specifically, that's my assumption).

jkno = people who complain about everything and make constant returns, are one the many reasons why collectibles continue to skyrocket in price. The attitude that balljoint constitutes a replacement is just ridiculous in my opinions. In manufacturers and retailers are losing money replacing things that don't need to be replaced, then people like me end up paying more for merchandise, just because some other collector is clueless.

Last edited:
He claims to have gotten 5 things IN A ROW from sideshow that have all been broken... Do you seriously believe his luck is that bad, or is there, just maybe--something else going on here? :dance

I started collecting this year, and have only bought HT figures so far. I have received 5 figures from Sideshow and they all came with QC issues. It does happen dude.

I started collecting this year, and have only bought HT figures so far. I have received 5 figures from Sideshow and they all came with QC issues. It does happen dude.

Depends on what you call a QC issue. I've been collecting for over a decade now, and I can find an imperfection on literally every single item I've ever bought (not even just collectibles). Nothing in life is perfect. I think folks need to be a little less obsessive. There will always be a minor paint flaw, or a light scratch, or a loose joint. This is just the nature of mass produced products.
If something is broken or faulty, that's different, of course.

Prime example: I wonder how many dough-heads have returned figures because of the "paint splatter/dust/scratches" that for some reason many people can't recognize as being intentional...or the (LOL) "my lower legs have a QC issue: they aren't painted in chrome paint! herp derp!"

Clueless, clueless, clueless. More costs for me to incur on future purchases *sigh*

Last edited:
Depends on what you call a QC issue. I've been collecting for over a decade now, and I can find an imperfection on literally every single item I've ever bought (not even just collectibles). Nothing in life is perfect. I think folks need to be a little less obsessive. There will always be a minor paint flaw, or a light scratch, or a loose joint. This is just the nature of mass produced products.
If something is broken or faulty, that's different, of course.

Prime example: I wonder how many dough-heads have returned figures because of the "paint splatter/dust/scratches" that for some reason many people can't recognize as being intentional...or the (LOL) "my lower legs have a QC issue: they aren't painted in chrome paint! herp derp!"

Clueless, clueless, clueless. More costs for me to incur on future purchases *sigh*

Around 6 pages back, I posted a pic of my endo with a large chunk of chrome paint missing from the shoulder area. That is what I call a QC issue.

You're right, these things will have minor imperfections, and nothing in life is perfect, agreed, but these figures aren't cheap $50 action figures bought at your local toy store, they are expensive, high end collectibles that sell for minimum $200 a pop, so I'm a little less forgiving on these. A lot more so when they sell for close to $500 shipped like this endo. Also, what you might consider minor, may be a bigger issue for someone else.

Around 6 pages back, I posted a pic of my endo with a large chunk of chrome paint missing from the shoulder area. That is what I call a QC issue.

You're right, these things will have minor imperfections, and nothing in life is perfect, agreed, but these figures aren't cheap $50 action figures bought at your local toy store, they are expensive, high end collectibles that sell for minimum $200 a pop, so I'm a little less forgiving on these. A lot more so when they sell for close to $500 shipped like this endo. Also, what you might consider minor, may be a bigger issue for someone else.

I saw your pic, and agree that it was unnacceptable, no disagreement there.
If the dude's jaw part is indeed missing, then it should be replaced (of course). I just find it questionable that it wasn't just a mistake on his end, considering the foot he called "broken", and the claim of so many other items being "broken".
I actually broke SEVERAL parts on my endo because I wanted further articulation in the head/neck, but I'd never label my own mistake as a QC error, as I'm sure many people do after "ham hands-ing" a delicate piece.
Actually, a did have one legit QC issue on mine, but I got a replacement part, and was even able to glue the original part, so if it re-breaks I will use the extra part. If curious, it was a connection hinge for one of the big thigh pistons, where it connects to the pelvis on the rear bottom side.
I didn't have to send back a whole figure or anything, so I'm very satisfied. The other parts that broke were the neck rods where they connect to the base of the skull. I pushed the head too far...but I actually like it better because now I can get much more expression out of his poses, and the rods can be placed individually where ever I'd like, so you can't even tell they're broken/disconnected.

I saw your pic, and agree that it was unnacceptable, no disagreement there.
If the dude's jaw part is indeed missing, then it should be replaced (of course). I just find it questionable that it wasn't just a mistake on his end, considering the foot he called "broken", and the claim of so many other items being "broken".
I actually broke SEVERAL parts on my endo because I wanted further articulation in the head/neck, but I'd never label my own mistake as a QC error, as I'm sure many people do after "ham hands-ing" a delicate piece.
Actually, a did have one legit QC issue on mine, but I got a replacement part, and was even able to glue the original part, so if it re-breaks I will use the extra part. If curious, it was a connection hinge for one of the big thigh pistons, where it connects to the pelvis on the rear bottom side.
I didn't have to send back a whole figure or anything, so I'm very satisfied. The other parts that broke were the neck rods where they connect to the base of the skull. I pushed the head too far...but I actually like it better because now I can get much more expression out of his poses, and the rods can be placed individually where ever I'd like, so you can't even tell they're broken/disconnected.

Again:
What's your malfunction?
Leave this guy alone.

It's not for you to judge if he really got five figs in a row that had QC issues.
And absolutely no reason for you to become offensive...

Again:
What's your malfunction?
Leave this guy alone.

It's not for you to judge if he really got five figs in a row that had QC issues.
And absolutely no reason for you to become offensive...

Again, what's my malfunction? I clearly explained my gripe with that poster. What don't *you* understand? Just change the subject or ignore it, what's been said has been said.

Everybody makes judgements, are you seriously one of those naive people who claims not to do it as well? Maybe I was a little harsh, yes, I don't deny it, but let's not be too sensitive.
Do you really think I shouldn't be suspicious at all? You must live an awfully sheltered life if you don't think people ever lie, cheat, steal or exaggerate.
It's not like he didn't give me any reason to suspect shenanigans, when he called something broken which was not broken... and then cursing out manufacturers and retailers like a spoiled, confused child.

Of course I don't just accept his story blindly when he gives me no reason to. The collector community is full of whiny folks who crave support and attention from others, especially when they feel bad about a mistake they've made. I've seen plenty of unjustified outcries.

********* trolls doing anything in their power to make Sideshow and Hot Toys look bad? Say it aint so! Definitely not on this forum.

That foot balljoint takes a huge amount of force to remove, so it must have been pulled off. No way it just fell off during shipping or it's bad quality control.

Again, what's my malfunction? I clearly explained my gripe with that poster. What don't *you* understand? Just change the subject or ignore it, what's been said has been said.

Everybody makes judgements, are you seriously one of those naive people who claims not to do it as well? Maybe I was a little harsh, yes, I don't deny it, but let's not be too sensitive.
Do you really think I shouldn't be suspicious at all? You must live an awfully sheltered life if you don't think people ever lie, cheat, steal or exaggerate.
It's not like he didn't give me any reason to suspect shenanigans, when he called something broken which was not broken... and then cursing out manufacturers and retailers like a spoiled, confused child.

Of course I don't just accept his story blindly when he gives me no reason to. The collector community is full of whiny folks who crave support and attention from others, especially when they feel bad about a mistake they've made. I've seen plenty of unjustified outcries.

And I still think you've been unnecessarily offensive.

That foot balljoint takes a huge amount of force to remove, so it must have been pulled off. No way it just fell off during shipping or it's bad quality control.

Agreed, and it's not like these figures are just thrown into their shipping boxes. I absolutely do not believe it would make it past HT's QC with a foot just hanging off, or disconnected. If you own this figure, you know it's packed safely and snugly into it's form-fitting tray. If any part of was broken off or out of place, it would not be able to be packed – it wouldn't even fit. :dunno

Being an *** hole just for the sake of it wow just great...
Moving on.

Hey mate the feet is not broken, just pop it back in.
For the skull missing part ask for the missing piece only.
Will avoid you the hassle to re ship and end up with more défective parts.
:)

Heh, another one bites the dust. Sideshow got back to me about my request for a refund as my endo arrived with paint damage, and they've asked me to destroy it.

How do they expect you to do that without a hydraulic press or something??

''you don't know hard it is to kill one of these things''

well guy's i figured out that this would/could happen. not that people would go on this hard about it.

the only thing that i've got to say about it is: why would i lie? i collect many items and five time in a row bad luck. is it that hard to believe and my frustration about it?

babydoll pf damaged when delivered, replacement same thing. freddy krueger pf damaged, got reduction. the joker pf damaged, got replacement. now endoskeleton, fixed the legg (as you can see, i am not retarded, thanks for that! say's enough about the person in question) but the jaw piece is missing. the legg was just laying in the box, that's all i can say. but for those who don't believe me, i realy do not care. only saying: put yourself in my place for once.

when a figurine that high in price you don't accept stuff to happen like that. the legg part, okay, i said it the wrong way than perhaps. but it was for real just laying in the box, (not broke) with the pistons.

as for the silly comments from few of you: are you realy getting angry about what i'm saying here? like if i'm going on about something for the fun of it? trust me, i've got better thing's to do. all these people speculating about who i am/could be or whatever, give it a break and than just ignore me. could save you a lot of fuzz and anger towards a stranger on the internet you don't know.

Last edited:
Back