Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome scene, please detail the materials and process.

Update on my LED project, Sorry for the bad pic, I will try to take some real photos. But it looks way better in person. I'm waiting on parts to mod the batts in the head to convert to full power with slow fade off. I left them on and they died over night.

I'm thinking of a kit or a service for this mod. The biggest hassle was getting the base open. It turns out they used super glue above the plaque area so it's really hard to break it open and damage could possibly occur, although mine survived.

terminatorled_zps475de533.jpg

Update on my LED project, Sorry for the bad pic, I will try to take some real photos. But it looks way better in person. I'm waiting on parts to mod the batts in the head to convert to full power with slow fade off. I left them on and they died over night.

I'm thinking of a kit or a service for this mod. The biggest hassle was getting the base open. It turns out they used super glue above the plaque area so it's really hard to break it open and damage could possibly occur, although mine survived.

Looks cool bro, I wanna do something similar, but I'm not game enough to crack open my base so I might just set up some external LED lamps pointing up towards the endo lol.

Can you let me know how you plan to mod the head so that the eyes light up from the mains? I want to do this also as I want to have the eyes lit up all the time.

In anticipation of the other two endos...

dio002_zps5e3e7cc9.jpg

dio003_zps1741336f.jpg

Any words are way, way less to describe just how cool this is...so...I´m jus saying awesome sauce and give you this:

:rock :hi5: and EXTREMLY well done.
Perfect representation.

Great job. I´ll be keeping mine without lights once I have it, but custom the base a bit. Remove the lava and maybe add a molten tri-cycle...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Much appreciated! :hi5:

I will post pictures of the dio once the diorama is complete with the other two endos I should receive shortly(end of this month).

And Tyler...that is an awesome job you did with those lights in the base! :love

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Much appreciated! :hi5:

I will post pictures of the dio once the diorama is complete with the other two endos I should receive shortly(end of this month).

And Tyler...that is an awesome job you did with those lights in the base! :love

Your dio is amazing! Major congrats! :clap

Last edited:
HugeTerminatotor fan but was very much on the fence with this guy as I have stuck to 1/6 to this point. Decided to leave decision to fate (Ex wait list conversion). Figure to be delivered tomorrow. Will likely end up with EB BD T800, HT QS001 and EB 1/4 Joker now... sinking deeper!

3 mm Blue for now, Blue is hard to photograph. You cannot even see them when the power is off as they are nearly flush.

This looks like a cool mod I will be doing when I get mines later on.

Are you using the blue clear water led or blue diffused led?

3 mm Blue for now, Blue is hard to photograph. You cannot even see them when the power is off as they are nearly flush.

Thanks for the info, Again you have turned his into one of the coolest mods I've seen in awhile.
It really adds to the figure and makes it look even better as a whole.
Nothing but win win here!!!

This looks like a cool mod I will be doing when I get mines later on.

Are you using the blue clear water led or blue diffused led?

Water led. You can also rig tubes from heat shrink if you want to conceal the source light a bit for more of a direct spot.

Have this beauty on pre-order and was really looking forward to it until I saw this Video.
At the start Pitu and then later 2 others then go on to say how the bottom of the legs look really bad, and are that bad it looks as though they have come from a $10 figure! and that it basically ruins it.
Are they really that bad in person? also is it paint on chrome or are they actually not chromed at all?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNSITTKPpyY[/ame]

Have this beauty on pre-order and was really looking forward to it until I saw this Video.
At the start Pitu and then later 2 others then go on to say how the bottom of the legs look really bad, and are that bad it looks as though they have come from a $10 figure! and that it basically ruins it.
Are they really that bad in person? also is it paint on chrome or are they actually not chromed at all?

All the parts are electroplated chrome. You can safely wipe away the weathering with nail polish remover or thinner if you don't like the look of it. Only takes a minute.

98723489.jpg

89723848.jpg

Back