Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing my best to not take it personally. I love the pose. CM Vader, well, can't stand SW so it doesn't matter.

Not sure why you should take it personally. Are you the CM Endo sculptor? Do you own Cinemaquette company? Otherwise the price is huge compared to the HT 1:4, and the CM pose is dynamic but still quite weird, no matter if accurate to a particular scene.

Not sure why you should take it personally. Are you the CM Endo sculptor? Do you own Cinemaquette company? Otherwise the price is huge compared to the HT 1:4, and the CM pose is dynamic but still quite weird, no matter if accurate to a particular scene.

People want to feel that their collectibles are the definitive version.

Sh-t that was quick! Was less than 60 only yesterday I think.

Ya something like that.

Well that smells fishy...it took almost 2 weeks from 90-60, now SS sold 40 in one day?!...Well I was hoping to prolong ordering it (flex pay needed),:gah: well, needless to say ORDERED :yess:.

I don't think it's fishy in this case. Endos are always popular and at this scale, there wasn't much to be had before this.

I ordered with 10% off. With the $40 NRD I will have to go through with the order even if Enterbay does unveil a better endo. I was really hoping for an update on EB's endo when I got back from vacation. :impatient:

I ordered with 10% off. With the $40 NRD I will have to go through with the order even if Enterbay does unveil a better endo. I was really hoping for an update on EB's endo when I got back from vacation. :impatient:

You did the right thing, getting this while you still can at retail price. Waiting for the presumed other version from the other company is very risky on your budget if you wanted a 1/4 T800 Endo on your shelf. At least now you have one that you got at SRP in case EB's won't be as good or better -- no regrets and no more swallowing jacked up prices at the secondary market if this becomes the ultimate Endo after all. If EB does it better, well you can always sell this and at least get you money back as it would definitely be bought by a collector who doesn't care which one's better, as long as the box says Hot Toys. :monkey3

Well that smells fishy...it took almost 2 weeks from 90-60, now SS sold 40 in one day?!...Well I was hoping to prolong ordering it (flex pay needed),:gah: well, needless to say ORDERED :yess:.

supply and demand, and funny things happen when supply is very low, creates false demand! look at the housing market right now :wink1:

Anyone on the fence and seeing the number go from 90 to 75 to 60, starts to think "I better order this before they are gone", and for there to be 30-40 people (not just in the US but other countries as well) thinking that, is not "fishy". And I don't think they have a limit on them either, someone could have bought 10, thinking once they are sold out they will start to rise in value. Although the markup for scalpers is very small now between hiked HT prices and Ebay fees...

This piece may have a few flaws but its pretty freakin awesome non the less, I'm not familar with the sideshow piece but It don't move right? The amazing engineering that has gone into this endo is well worth the price, theres more pros than cons here. Theres the fact that it moves in everyway the real one does down to the toes, the amazing chrome plating, the diecast metal and so on.

I'm really excited for this piece, mines in transit and should be here in a few days, can't wait!!!

Sideshows is semi possible the arms, fingers, head and waiste can all be posed. The ht endo has far more posing options and is one of the thins that is cool love the wrist and ankle movements.

Cant wait to get this. But I need to get another Detolf first. I already have the u-bolts for adjusting shelf height set to go.

The CM has a stupid effeminate pose anyway, plus the difference in price with this HT Endo is huge

The comparisons to the CM are just idiotic. The CM is not perfect by any stretch, either – and the difference in price just makes the CM seem like a crappier piece, considering it cost so much! It should be flawless.

For $400, if I could have my pick of either endo's, I'd go with the new one.

SS CM = still not 100% accurate, not posable, bad looking brushed on paint details in some spots. Massive price tag. The pose looks ridiculous.

"Parody"? Wow... it's pretty obvious some folks are just sour to have spent so much cash on the CM, when a piece like this can be had for only 400. :1-1:

Last edited:
The comparisons to the CM are just idiotic. The CM is not perfect by any stretch, either – and the difference in price just makes the CM seem like a crappier piece, considering it cost so much! It should be flawless.

For $400, if I could have my pick of either endo's, I'd go with the new one.

SS CM = still not 100% accurate, not posable, bad looking brushed on paint details in some spots. Massive price tag. The pose looks ridiculous.

"Parody"? Wow... it's pretty obvious some folks are just sour to have spent so much cash on the CM, when a piece like this can be had for only 400. :1-1:

i dont think ppl are sour just comparing the 2 pieces. In fairness the cm is still the better item(crappy pose aside). Much more detailed and made completely of metal. The cm piece is the most accurate in terms of representation of whats seen in the terminator.

In the end of the day it is like comparing a statue to a toy. Theres no comparision and if you asked most people they'd take the cm anyday over the inaccurate hot toys piece.

I'd buy both...wait...I mean I DID buy both, lol. It will be interesting to compare this side by side with the CM.

i dont think ppl are sour just comparing the 2 pieces. In fairness the cm is still the better item(crappy pose aside). Much more detailed and made completely of metal. The cm piece is the most accurate in terms of representation of whats seen in the terminator.

In the end of the day it is like comparing a statue to a toy. Theres no comparision and if you asked most people they'd take the cm anyday over the inaccurate hot toys piece.

I have the CM Endo, and it's a real masterpiece. I actually will also be getting the HT Endo as well. But I think it is fair to say that the two can't really be compared, because one is a statue and the other a figure.

I disagree. "comparing a statue to a toy", I would say it's like comparing two toys, one can move, and one cannot.
The detailing looks much sharper on the HT vs CM.
The hoses stand out like a sore thumb on the CM, they're just some cheap cable and look nothing like they should.
Even the head, which is less narrow compared to the HT, still doesn't look the same as it does in the movie. It's like the HT head: from some angles it looks great, but overall, it's still not quite right.

Those are just two quick observations, if I wanted to really pick apart the CM, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
Also, perhaps it's just the pose, but the proportions look wonky on the CM, too.

As for the horse teeth, those can be modded easily...since the mouth can open, unlike the bazillion dollar "classy-non-toy" statue.

Anyone got their waiting list converted for the exclusive from Sideshow? I just got on the waiting list, but don't know if I have a chance to get it. :pray:

I got on the waitlist on Apr 27. It hasnt coverted yet but I canceled it yesterday. I felt it wasnt worth the $68 extra for The SX cause of CA tax Sideshow adds on for me.

I disagree. "comparing a statue to a toy", I would say it's like comparing two toys, one can move, and one cannot.
The detailing looks much sharper on the HT vs CM.
The hoses stand out like a sore thumb on the CM, they're just some cheap cable and look nothing like they should.
Even the head, which is less narrow compared to the HT, still doesn't look the same as it does in the movie. It's like the HT head: from some angles it looks great, but overall, it's still not quite right.

Those are just two quick observations, if I wanted to really pick apart the CM, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.
Also, perhaps it's just the pose, but the proportions look wonky on the CM, too.

As for the horse teeth, those can be modded easily...since the mouth can open, unlike the bazillion dollar "classy-non-toy" statue.

The torso length on the CM Endo is a bit longer/taller than it should be.

I got on the waitlist on Apr 27. It hasnt coverted yet but I canceled it yesterday. I felt it wasnt worth the $68 extra for The SX cause of CA tax Sideshow adds on for me.

I don't blame you. I would do the same for such high cost in tax. I'm in CA and est tax showed $30. I'll go with BBTS for non-exclusive if this ends up taking to long to convert.

I don't blame you. I would do the same for such high cost in tax. I'm in CA and est tax showed $30. I'll go with BBTS for non-exclusive if this ends up taking to long to convert.

I wish SSC would cut us Cali residents some slack by offering free shipping on all items. Would really be more incentive to use them; especially since they no longer allow retailers to charge leas like they used to.

Back